Systems & Software
The Research & Development team is essential as we continuously develop and enhance our solutions to keep pace with complex requirements around Customer Service & Billing as well as staying current with the latest technology standards. As an engineering manager for Systems & Software, you will build and lead a team of engineers who are responsible for delivering a superior Customer Information and Billing system.
What your impact will be:
• Regular 1-1 meetings with members of your team, help mentor and unblock them
• Support their career development, give them routine feedback, and be their advocate
• Provide short-term & long-term goals for your team & help them attain those goals
• Manage & prioritize workload for your team
• Ensure that there is consistent collaboration and communication across your team
• Contribute as a lead developer on the team in all areas of the software development life cycle
• Generate new effort estimates for development projects
• Interface with all departments to understand changing priorities to help establish delivery dates and project risk
• Travel occasionally within North America to trade shows and customer sites
What we are looking for:
• A min of 2 years as a Team Lead or Resource Manager
• Effectively worked with all levels of management across the organization
• Directly communicated with customers and provided exceptional customer service
• Experience with Google Web Toolkit, AngularJS, Eclipse IDE, REST, SOAP, JSON, MultiSpeak, Jira, Git, Docker, Ansible, Slack and Confluence are preferred.
• We are an agile development organization, utilizing Kanban on the support side and Scrum for our development teams. We use industry standard software development tools to manage our iterative design, build, test, and deploy process… any experience with the above is an asset.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.