Instrumart has an excellent opportunity for a full-time Software Developer to join our team!
- Looking to join a dynamic and growing team that values a true balance between work and life?
- Wishing you had a job that offers 100% employer-paid health insurance, flexible paid vacation, 401k and employer match, gym membership, and more?
Join Instrumart! We are an employee-focused company because we know that keeping our teams happy is the key to our success.
This position has the option to be fully remote, but some level of in-office is encouraged if possible.
Our Software Development team at Instrumart is a group of full-stack software developers who work on our proprietary e-commerce website, Instrumart.com. It is a highly customized e-commerce site that has been under continuous development since 1998, designed to build and sell configurable industrial instrumentation.
The primary role of the Software Developer II is to understand the technology stack and parameters of our codebase while working to optimize the efficiency of new customer acquisition. In addition, the Software Developer II is tasked with further development of in-house business efficiency enhancement software projects.
Primary Job Duties:
- Maintain and further develop a custom e-commerce solution to sell industrial instrumentation
- Deliver fully tested, high-performing code with a low defect rate
- Work with both front-end and back-end technologies
- Research new technologies and platforms to keep Instrumart at the leading edge within our industry
- Create new, and optimize existing, in-house business efficiency software projects
- 2+ years of experience with C# (or equivalent)
- 2+ years of experience with ASP.NET Core (or equivalent)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow set coding patterns for consistency and maintainability of the codebase
- Understanding of object-oriented design principles
- Ability to break complex problems into simple, elegant solutions
- The ability to speak and write fluently in English
- Self-motivated & strong initiative
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent, is required.
The ideal candidate will display:
- Experience with SQL
- Experience working with 3rd party REST/SOAP APIs
- Experience with GitHub for version control
- Exposure to ERP systems such as NetSuite
Do these job duties meet your skills and experience? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
When applying, please remember that your cover letter is your chance to tell us what separates you from all the other applicants; please take the opportunity to provide us with an original, compelling case for why we need to hire you!