Cox Automotive is the market leading provider of technology services to the automotive industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology. We have locations in Atlanta, GA, Burlington VT, Draper UT, Irvine CA, Mission KS and North Hill NY as well as offering Full Time Remote positions.
As a Lead Software Engineer on the VWD Release Train at Dealer.com, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will apply your knowledge of object-oriented design along with engineering best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to deliver real product value.
Java, Spring, Spring-boot, REST, MySQL, RabbitMQ, AWS (SQS, Lambda, ECS), Docker, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or CDK), Microservices
– Design, develop and maintain frameworks for web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability
– Participate in the development of new industry-leading products leveraging common technology
– Design and develop service-oriented architectures that integrate with complex database and third-party components
– Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
– Architect, design and develop platform level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
– Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
– Guide, coach and mentor team members as required, assisting in the teams skills development during software development projects
– Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
– BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
– 7+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
– System Design: Ability to control system design practice within an enterprise or industry architecture
– Ability to influence industry-based models for the development of new technology applications
– Ability to develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs
– Ability to ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
– Knowledge Share: Shares skills and best practices to all developers on the team. Attends user group meetings and shares knowledge.
– Domain Knowledge: 3+ years of experience of the Inventory domain in which their technical output will be used. Provides guidance to senior developers and collaborates with product owner to ensure technical solutions meet business needs
– Agile Teamwork: Exhibits a positive attitude and desire to help the team to succeed. Viewed as a team player by all members of the team. Based on a moderate level of product functionality, is viewed more as a leader in all agile activities including sprint planning, daily scrums, sprint retrospectives, and COP meetings.
– Subject Matter Expertise: Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. Stays current on changing technology via articles, books, available training