Konica Minolta (Symquest) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Engineer!
In this position, you will provide remote and onsite technical support for Microsoft-based business environments. This is a great opportunity for you to join a fantastic company for long term career growth. You must be excited about technology, self-motivated, and enjoy serving others. An ideal candidate will have real world experience in either a helpdesk or network administration position, with a good understanding of Windows workstation and server operating systems, application installation and troubleshooting, and Active Directory administration and management.
- Provide remote technical support to clients over the phone using remote control tools
- Conduct onsite technical support at client location as needed
- Diagnose and resolve workstation, server and network infrastructure issues
- User account management – Add/edit/disable accounts, setup new application users, etc.
- Troubleshoot backup, malware, virus and other technical issues
- Help provision new laptops, desktops and mobile devices
- Work with application vendors in troubleshooting application errors
- Answer end user questions and remediate issues
- 1+ years’ experience in a related role
- College or IT trade school degree, technical certifications or related years of experience
- As much of this job is done remotely, great verbal and written communication skills are a must
- A professional appearance, attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple technical issues simultaneously is also required
- Windows 7 and 8 and associated hardware platforms Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012
- VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization technologies
- Anti-virus, Anti-spam and Anti-spyware
- Backup and Recovery technologies
- Citrix and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
- Firewalls, Routers and Managed Switches
- LAN / WAN / Wireless networking hardware and software technologies
- Systems Management Software (HP Insight Manager, Dell OpenManage)
- Industry certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco or VMware