The Digital Storefront team is responsible for managing and executing the strategic priorities for Cox Automotive’s Partners and our Core Product line, delivering premium-quality solutions with an agile and team-driven approach. On this team, you will have the opportunity to do your best work and revolutionize the way the world buys, sells, and owns cars.
Risk-taking is encouraged here, and we reward remarkable results. Collaboration and support are woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons and brain-storming sessions to sprint reviews, you’ll be immersed in an environment that encourages bringing fresh ideas to the table with an innovative mindset. Giving back to the community is important at Cox Automotive. You will be given time during working hours to volunteer at local charities.
As a , you are responsible for planning, designing, and producing websites and other screen-based digital media solutions. You will also play a role in providing advice and guidance and monitoring emerging trends.
Digital Storefront teams take pride in their Agile approach of delivering the highest value work to clients. The nature of that work and the technologies used to deliver the value can vary. We are looking for Software Engineers who want to use multiple technologies across our tech stack to help solve the most challenging client requests. Delivering the client value is the focus, which requires the ability to work throughout our tech stack and potentially utilizing all of the technologies listed below.
- Work with Product Management to understand the challenges that end users face and partner with customers to design viable front-end solutions
- Provide input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning for front-end solutions.
- Design, create, develop, and maintain dynamic user interfaces for multiple applications, complete with page-level unit testing
- Architect and implement front-end frameworks to increase development speed-to-market
- Develop high-traffic multi-tier applications that serve web pages to millions of consumers
- Perform troubleshooting efforts and investigations when necessary
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- Actively work with less experienced user interface engineers to provide technical guidance and direction
- Actively participate in the engineering community, stay up to date on new web development technologies and best practices, and share insights with others in the organization
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to identify technical problems, assess potential options, and build solutions that achieve business goals and meet operational requirements
- Work with designers, UX specialists, and the product organization to create UI prototypes and production assets
- Plan and cost UI development activities, building in time for iteration, user feedback, and design changes, and articulating the costs and benefits of different design approaches
- Design, code, test, iterate on, and document applications and scripts based on product specifications, using industry-standard tools and practices
- Take part in reviews of your work and lead reviews of colleagues’ work
ECS, ALB, S3, DynamoDB, and more
New Relic, SumoLogic, Jenkins, LaunchDarkly, PagerDuty, Terraform, GitHub Enterprise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 5 years of industry-related experience or equivalent combination of industry-related professional experience of 9 years in lieu of a degree or master’s degree in Computer Science with 2+ years of industry-related experience
- Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
- Working experience within the full software development lifecycle from conception and design to implementation and support
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Working experience with UX and design patterns
- Willingness to work within Agile development methodologies
- An understanding of database technologies and logical and physical data modeling