Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Senior User Interface Engineer to join our Vehicle & Website Delivery team in Burlington, VT.
Our Software Engineers are extraordinarily passionate and driven by technology. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading edge software products for our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a Senior User Interface Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that
encourages you to perform at your best, while leading the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design and develop robust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transactional web-based applications.
- Develop front end solutions for our suite of business tools
- Craft digital workflows that improve productivity
- Collaborate with users and stakeholders to discuss user interface requirements and
- brainstorm UI ideas.
- Actively works with less experienced user interface engineers providing technical
- guidance and oversight
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new web
- development technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the
- Collaborate with colleagues from other disciplines to define technology objectives, assess solution options and devise architectural solutions that both achieve strategic business goals and meet operational requirements
- Influence our migration to AWS Cloud Services
- Learn and leverage the automotive digital advertising domain to change the way the world buys cars
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus.
- 3+ years of relevant experience building dynamic and single page web applications with a modern front-end framework.
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Working experience building applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
- Strong front-end development experience, including working knowledge of React / Redux
- Experience implementing and maintaining automated testing
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired