The Senior Strategic Planning Manager at Dealer.com will report directly to the Strategic Execution Director and is primarily responsible for supporting a dynamic strategy and long-term vision in conjunction with the Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book businesses.
The Senior Strategic Planning Manager will assist in the planning, development and execution of these strategies. In the near term this role will have an immediate focus on assessing the shifting needs of the business as we enable e-commerce on Autotrader. This role will also help develop strategies that are vital to enabling Consumer Marketplace as it pertains to partner relationships (Clients, Vendors and Other Business Partners).
The Senior Strategic Planning Manager will have direct interaction with our Customers, External Business Partners and matrixed internal business partners to help guide the strategic direction of the business. The role will bring ideas, concepts, and competitive threats to light to help develop plans to mitigate these threats as well as help drive new revenue.
The Senior Strategic Planning Manager will engage directly with our Customers to identify current needs and assess a potential solution as well as identify new opportunities within Consumer Solutions. This position will provide insight and help drive to execution the overall connected solution across all Consumer Solutions.
- Responsible for the strategy, the execution plan and leading the rollout of capabilities and programs needed as we transform to a true marketplace with e-commerce – this includes gaining cross-functional collaboration at the executive level to ensure the plan is properly executed
- Responsible for helping develop relationships with third party vendors that are relevant to furthering the long-term vision.
- Responsible to drive to execution the long-term strategies for Consumer Solutions as it pertains to our marketplace solutions, Vendors and business needs.
- Work closely with the Consumer Solutions Leaders to drive new opportunities or helping to drive new revenue
- Help ensure that our strategies align across our platforms and realizes the long-term goals of Consumer Marketplace
- Lead in contract negotiations and pricing discussions on dealer, OEM and vendor partner relationships
- Other duties as needed or required
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of e-commerce or digital marketing experience required or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Must be able to clearly understand the business needs of Consumer Solutions
- Must be a thought leader who thrives in a fast paced, environment
- Must be able to clearly articulate an understanding of the issues and be able to present solutions
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple business lines and matrixed organizations to help drive results
- Must be able to drive to execution agreed upon strategies
- Must be able to present and articulate solutions and strategies to Dealers, OEMs and Vendor partners
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, analyze complex problems and suggest appropriate solutions, exhibiting good decision quality and strategic mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills, business insight, and financial acumen.
- Proven ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range strategies and goals, driving appropriate results.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize tasks of team to promote the efficient use of time and monitor progress against schedule.
- Proven ability to lead and manage teams in an operations environment, while ensuring accountability.
- Ability to negotiate contracts
- Requires fluency with MS-Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Project preferred