The Senior Strategic Execution Director at Dealer.com will report directly to the SVP, Digital Commerce/Retail Transaction Services (DCRT) and is responsible for developing strategies and strategic implementation plans across the solution set in conjunction with DCRT. The Senior Director will have direct interaction with our clients, external business partners and matrixed internal business partners to help guide the strategic direction of the business. They will bring ideas, concepts, and competitive threats to light to drive revenue growth, and develop plans to mitigate competitive threats. The Senior Director will engage directly with our clients to identify needs, assess potential solutions, and identify new opportunities for growth within DCRT. This position will provide insight and help drive strategic execution across DCRT.
- Responsible for developing strategic plans to support the long-term vision for DCRT.
- Responsible for helping develop relationships that are relevant to furthering the long-term vision.
- Responsible to drive to execution the long-term strategies for DCRT as it pertains to DCRT solutions and services vendors and business needs.
- Work closely with the DCRT leaders to drive new opportunities/new revenue.
- Display passion for storytelling, developing fresh ideas, and translating market insights into compelling pitches
- Help ensure that our strategies align across our platforms and with the long-term goals of DCRT
- Drives enterprise strategic execution across the DCRT portfolio by creating aligned, structured plans with defined metrics, clear accountabilities and timelines, and an established cadence of progress reporting to support achievement of strategic goals.
- Lead in contract negotiations and pricing discussions on key partner relationships
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 10+ years’ work experience, with demonstrated progression to leadership roles
- Functional experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, business development, private equity, or venture capital
- Proven ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range strategies and goals, driving appropriate results.
- Industry experience in businesses based on technology, software, digital marketing/media, eCommerce
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, analyze complex problems and suggest appropriate solutions, exhibiting good decision quality and strategic mindset
- Must be able to clearly articulate an understanding of the issues and be able to present solutions
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively across multiple business lines and matrixed organizations to help drive results
- Must be able to drive to execution agreed upon strategies
- Must be able to present and articulate solutions and strategies to both clients and vendor partners
- Must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA or other relevant graduate degree preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and written
- Excellent organizational skills, business insight, and financial acumen
- Ability to schedule and prioritize tasks of team to promote the efficient use of time and monitor progress against schedule
- Proven ability to lead and engage teams in an operations environment, while ensuring accountability
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Knowledge of Automotive industry trends, customer behaviors, and enabling technological capabilities is preferred but not required
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time