C2 - Competitive Computing
Xerox IT Services (C2-Competitive Computing) is seeking a self-motivated and experienced Senior Solutions Architect – Data Center to engage with clients in Vermont as a trusted advisor spanning all phases of client engagement; sales, project delivery, managed services, architectural and budget planning. The qualified candidate is an experienced engineer / architect capable of complex requirements gathering and solution design, deployment, and support leadership over long-lasting and strategic client relationships. In this role, you will be on the front lines of our business as a client advocate who brings the full range of Xerox IT Services solutions to bear in support of client business objectives. By working closely with customers, sales representatives, and manufacturers, you will assess business and technical requirements, perform solution development, create bills of materials, and develop labor estimates for projects. As a Solutions Architect within the Data Center Solutions Design team, you will provide technical direction and mentoring to customers, implementation engineers, managed IT services engineers, as well as work closely with the Sales Team, promoting and supporting data center related sales efforts and assisting with revenue achievement.
The Senior Solutions Architect may reside anywhere in Vermont, but must be open to working a hybrid schedule including office days, local client visits and work from home opportunities.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with our account managers across all phases of engagement. You will work with manufacturer and partner resources to identify and qualify opportunities and close deals.
- Develop and present compelling business cases to customers and maintain expert-level knowledge of all elements of the business case (drivers of cost, benefit, and risk).
- Showcase Xerox IT Services solutions—setting up demonstrations and explaining benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with other Engineers/Architects to align the technology architecture to the customer’s mission and ensure customer success.
- Expand customer base, using data center solutions that provide ongoing value to new and existing customers.
- Develop and manage overall sales strategy to include presentations, sales materials, value proposition, key messages, etc.
- Effectively manage sales information using electronic tools and programs including Customer Relations Management (CRM) systems, quoting tools, etc.
- Develop solutions that define customer expectations as well as the product and services requirements that are necessary to achieve client objectives.
- Review and guide project documentation including statements of work, implementation plans, deployment plans, project test plans, as well as management and operations plans.
- Maintain knowledge of complex industry trends, current data center trends and technologies and update management on risk and threat that could impact company business.
- Maintain multiple advanced manufacturer specific certifications. i.e.: Cisco, VMware, HPE, VMware, Dell/EMC, Microsoft, etc.
What You Need to Succeed:
- A systems architect with 8+ years-related experience preferred; BS/BA (EE/CS) a plus.
- Passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology, along with a do-what-it-takes demeanor about customer success.
- HPE server and storage solutions experience required.
- Microsoft Active Directory experience required.
- Microsoft Azure experience preferred.
- Strong Virtualization expertise in VMware solutions is required.
- Strong Technical knowledge implementing, supporting, and troubleshooting other technology areas such as SAN, Backup Recovery, Switch, Cloud (Azure), Security technologies and VDI is a plus.
- Knowledge of current Windows Server versions, current client operating systems, network protocols, routing, switching and firewalls. Comprehensive understanding of anti-virus and backup solutions.
- Knowledgeable of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in data center products/licensing.
- Experienced in relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- You have industry knowledge and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers-and crafting and configuring products to meet specific customer needs
- You have excellent written, listening, consultation and presentation skills.
- Manufacturer related certification(s) with: Cisco, HPE, VMware, Dell/EMC, and/or equivalent experience and the desire to become one a plus.
- Ability to work remotely, unsupervised, and virtually to accomplish all job requirements
- Ability for some travel; 5-10%
- Live and work in-region with clients