Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Vehicle & Website Delivery team in Burlington, VT.
Our Software Engineers are extraordinarily passionate and driven by technology. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading-edge software products for our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working with the agile methodology as part of an interdisciplinary team, have experience working in fast-paced environments and who have passion and skills to take our product offering to the next level.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work in a collaborative team environment that encourages you to perform at your best, while leading the engineering efforts of one of our scrum teams. You will be challenged to engineer right-sized solutions for complex business problems. You will architect, design, and develop robust and scalable server-side software for high-volume transactional web-based applications.
Technology we use:
Java, Spring, Spring-boot, REST, MySQL, RabbitMQ, AWS (SQS, Lambda, ECS), Docker, Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or CDK), Microservices
- Design, develop and maintain framework for web-based applications to enhance performance and reliability
- Participate in the development of new industry-leading products leveraging the technologies we use
- Design and develop service-oriented architecture solutions that integrate with complex database and third-party components
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Architect, design, and develop platform-level components including event architectures, messaging, and caching solutions
- Collaborate on developing best practices, code reviews, internal tools, and process improvements
- Guide, coach, and mentor team members as required, assisting in the team’s skills development during software development projects.
- Analyze and conceive solutions, and develop prototypes for next-generation components to extend platform architecture, solve complex business problems and extend business functionality
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- At least 4+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
What We Look For:
- Use of RESTful web services to create Service-Oriented Architecture
- Building Framework & Platforms for a multi-data center that can be deployed globally