Systems & Software
Join the Dream Team at Systems & Software, a shining star of the Harris family! As a Senior Software Engineer, you won’t just code – you’ll craft magic! Dive into designing cool features, keeping our software top-notch, and conjuring up quotes that push our customers and the utility world forward. Do you have a knack for billing, accounting apps, and some utility sector wizardry? Perfect! Brainstorm with some of the brightest minds backed by the coolest tools in the business. Let’s innovate together!
This remote role welcomes candidates anywhere in Canada and the US.
What will be your impact?
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Implement product designs by programming in a variety of languages and using a variety of technologies
- Complete software development tasks – bug fixes, customer-driven feature development, product enhancements
- Facilitate thorough root cause testing/research on major findings and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions are developed and implemented in a timely manner
- Produce accurate effort estimates for large- and small-scale tasks, and work with the Client Development Manager to track development progress and timelines
- Collaborate with the R&D team on development methodology, processes, and associated tools
- Assist Professional Services, R&D and Support Departments with design reviews and escalated issues
- Work with QA, promote best practices to ensure a high level of quality within the team
- Manage code reviews and closely participate in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Identify when junior Developers need help and providing it in a positive way that promotes confidence
- Identify and mitigate issues and risks that could negatively impact project timelines
What are we looking for?
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of business analysis and core technologies (Micro Focus COBOL, Procedural SQL, SOA & MVC Architecture, Java, Python)
- Proven experience with Oracle and PL/SQL or MS SQL Server and Transact-SQL
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications
- Proven Unix/Linux knowledge/background
- Experience building cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON, and MultiSpeak) preferred
- Ability to design and develop well-structured, custom application software following such principles as object-oriented design and service oriented architecture
What will help you stand out:
- Experience with billing and/or accounting applications is highly desired
- Knowledge of the public utility sector
- Experience working directly with clients and Third Party vendors on system integrations