Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Marketing and Advertising engineering team.
Cox Automotive is the market leading provider of technology services to the automotive industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on the Marketing and Advertising Release Train, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will apply your knowledge of object-oriented design along with engineering best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to deliver real product value.
Java, Spring, AWS (EMR, ECS, EC2, S3, Glue, Athena, QuickSight, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, Kinesis, Terraform, CloudFront, CloudWatch, RDS), Active MQ, Maven, NewRelic/DataDog/SumoLogic, Cucumber, REST/gRPC, Hibernate, MySQL, GitHub, TeamCity/Jenkins, Apache Airflow
- Develop advertising solutions for the expanding digital advertising space including Connected TV, OTT, Music Streaming, YouTube, Facebook, Google Search and Display
- Design, build and support cloud-native applications that serve our digital advertising stakeholders
- Establish patterns for our organization that deliver our software products at scale with observability, performance and security
- Design and build service-oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Engage with your agile scrum team to build a culture of passion, trust and creativity
- Learn and leverage the automotive digital advertising domain to change the way the world buys, sells and uses cars
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 5+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures with an emphasis on AWS technologies
- Strong Java skills, including experience with the J2EE platform and the Spring framework.
- Object-oriented design experience, including applied use of design patterns
- Dev Ops Systems engineering experience such as performance troubleshooting, thread dump analysis and garbage collection configuration.
- Experience implementing automated tests and observability, monitoring and alerting
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledge of digital advertising is a plus