Cox Automotive, a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our ModelOps team located in Atlanta, Georgia. We are open to filling this position in mult-location (GA, UT, TX, KS, VT). As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of a new and growing team, responsible for enabling Data Scientists to build and deploy models in a robust, automated fashion.
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this role, you will collaborate with architecture, product management, and data science to deliver mission critical data products that enable core APIs for Cox Automotive.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive(Dealer.com) is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Aid in design and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with Data Scientists to understand their pain points and design solutions that make them more efficient.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion.
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution.
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Technical writing including high- and low-level diagramming techniques.
- Degree in CS/SE or comparable work
What We Look For (required):
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills in Python
- Experience with the AWS Serverless Computing stack (e.g., Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, API Gateway, et al.)
- Experience implementing REST and/or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with CI/CD, unit testing, and IAC tools
- Experience delivering production applications using Docker containers
What We Look For (preferred):
- Experience using data science and machine learning frameworks (preferably in Python)
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience maintaining application documentation and creating API specifications
- Experience mentoring/leading newer or less experienced team members
- Experience working with monitoring tools like NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with AWS CDK, or CloudFormation for IAC
- Experience building and maintaining packages (i.e. Pip packages)
- Experience writing ETL scripts; using tools like AWS Glue or EMR a plus.