As a Senior Software Engineer for Systems & Software, you will be placed into a small Agile Development team. Your primary responsibilities in this role will include new feature implementation, troubleshooting bug fixes, new quotes, and support complex technical systems (where you will play an important role in helping design, build, test and deploy our products). You will work with other members on your team to support our current product lines and build out the future of our product. You will have access to the latest tools, hardware, and some of the brightest software engineers in this area.
What your impact will be:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Facilitate thorough root cause testing/research on major findings and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions are developed and implemented in a timely manner
- Implement product designs by programming in a variety of languages and using a variety of technologies
- Produce accurate effort estimates for large- and small-scale tasks, and work with Development Team Lead to track development progress and timelines
- Complete software development tasks– bug fixes, customer-driven feature development, product enhancements.
- Collaborate with the R&D team on development methodology, processes, and associated tools
- Assist Support and Professional Services with design reviews and escalated issues
- Work with QA, promote best practices to ensure a high level of quality within the team
- Manage code reviews and closely participate in providing feedback on others’ designs/code.
- Identify when junior engineers need help and providing it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
What we are looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web applications
- Ability to debug large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers
- Proven Unix/Linux knowledge/background
- Proven experience with Oracle and PL/SQL or MS SQL Server and Transact-SQL
- Experience building cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON, and MultiSpeak) are preferred
- Ability to design and develop well-structured, custom application software following such principles as object-oriented design and service oriented architecture
- Possess an excellent work ethic, high level of initiative, aptitude and energy in order to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibit passion, focus, desire, and motivation is more important than the precise technical skills sets you possess
- Effectively worked with all levels of management across the organization
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and effectively communicates well with both internal and external resources
- Has mindset and desire to embrace learning, working well within a team or unsupervised
- A candidate with knowledge in accounting or water / electric utilities is a plus