QGenda is a fast growing Atlanta-based healthcare software company, with an amazing corporate culture, where we strive to be the best place to be a customer. Our software is used by thousands of hospital departments around the world to automatically generate the most optimized physician work schedules to accommodate complex business rules and accurately schedule the appropriate medical provider based on their skill level, specialty, availability, and preferences.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will work with our Product Development Team to ensure high security across our product lines, monitoring and mitigating security risks, and evangelizing security best practices. You’ll own the system inventory and coordinate vulnerability testing of all systems using both internal tools and external vendors. You’ll provide the security perspective on various projects and compile a quarterly cyber security report for our Executive Team.
- Ensure High Security Across the Organization
- Configure and maintain software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Assist with complex projects and ongoing support of security operations.
- Report on security vulnerabilities in software and infrastructure.
- Coordination the remediation patching of vulnerabilities.
- Automate security improvements using scripting languages or tools
- Aggressively Monitor and Mitigate Security Risks
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to leadership.
- Identify security measures to improve incident response.
- Assist with Compliance Programs and Controls
- Conduct periodic vulnerability assessments, both internal and external with our 3rd party compliance vendor.
- Own software and cloud infrastructure inventory.
- Compile results of Security Assessments to report to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Evangelize Security Best Practices
- Educate and train employees on information system security best practices.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of our company information security strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience developing, operating and maintaining security systems
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux patch management and related information security functions
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Should possess knowledge of the implementation of risk assessment techniques and the latest security best practices.
- Knowledge of DevOps Automation tools
Education / Professional Certifications or Licenses Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent industry experience
Work Environment / Physical demands/ Travel Requirements:
- Computer-based work environment.
- Sitting and standing for extended periods
- Lifting of 5 – 10 pounds