As the Sr. Sales Trainer at Dealer.com, you will be responsible for the delivery of learning and development solutions that maximize the effectiveness of our sales professionals, drive revenue optimization and increase the skill sets of sellers within their assigned Cox Automotive sales teams. Training delivery will include a variety of mediums including, but not limited to, in-field training, classroom facilitation, virtual classroom, webinars and informal learning channels. This individual (team) supports all sales teams across Cox Automotive.
What You’ll Do:
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of training materials by providing feedback to sales training leadership on activities and/or content as to relevance, success in the classroom and potential e- learning opportunities
- Oversee implementation, delivery and tracking of sales training programs/projects for assigned area; provides post-training reinforcement
- Deliver sales training programs in both individual and group settings, as well as through webinars and various distance learning techniques. Programs include, but are not limited to sales skills, Challenger, Onboarding, SFDC utilization, sales process & tools, continuing education and new initiatives
- Present information using a variety of instructional techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures
- Apply comprehensive knowledge and expertise of sales processes, account management and reporting, and customer service techniques in assigned sales environment
- Maintain sales knowledge related to newly released and/or enhanced products, services and initiatives
- Maintain an understanding of current industry and sales trends, competitive information, etc. and transfers knowledge to the training audience
- Partner with SME (Subject Matter Experts) and Instructional Design team to build scalable and repeatable sales programs and platforms for in-person and mobile-enabled learning
What’s in it for you?
As a dynamite Senior Sales Trainer, you deserve success in your life as well, and at Cox, we define “success” as being a part of a company that gives you lots of opportunities and options.
- First, we’ve created an exceptional salary package, plus an additional annual bonus target incentive. We are an inclusive, sales-friendly environment where different perspectives are valued and celebrated.
- We offer a work/life balance that allows you to enjoy flexibility, family, and friends.
- Cox gives you generous paid time-off, provides access to a lifestyle coach, comprehensive and affordable healthcare, ongoing wellness programs, adoption assistance, pet insurance, retirement planning, 401K with generous company matching contributions, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, career development and mentoring, Cox University with thousands of free online courses, parental benefits, employee resources and more!
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and six years of experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and four years of experience, a Ph.D. and 1 year of experience, or ten years of experience in a related field.
- Previous field-based sales experience strongly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of adult learning principles
- Solid understanding of all Cox Automotive, products, packages and solutions
- Ability to apply learnings from other teams, customize, and apply to assigned teams
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative to proactively complete assignments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proven experience facilitating information, classroom instruction and sales training methods
- Must be able to obtain necessary training certifications, including Challenger Sales Methodology
- Must be willing and able to commit to extensive travel; up to 70% travel (day and overnight) required at times
- Experience as a leader or executive in sales operations or sales strategy
- Deep understanding of all types of sales tools, processes and the associated method to develop a roadmap and execute on the vision
- Must be able to cultivate exceptional partnerships across multi-layered organizations with executives throughout the company at various levels