The Senior Product Manager role at Dealer.com will be responsible for developing, managing and optimizing one or more products. The role includes, but is not limited to, contributing to and managing the product roadmap, overseeing the implementation and working in an agile environment with a cross-functional team to develop products that meet the needs of our consumers and clients. Manages small to medium-size products.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, quantify, and effectively communicate customer market opportunities; analyze competitive landscape and validate solutions for future products.
- Partner with UX research, marketing research, client solutions, and business stakeholders to observe and solicit feedback from consumers and clients.
- Create and maintain product vision and roadmap; create business plans to secure funding; develop go-to-market strategy and value proposition.
- Create Features aligned across products; manage feature creation, identify business rules and business impact; involve Product Owners to ensure delivery team is aligned to features and feature acceptance criteria; collaborate with other Product Managers to ensure alignment across products; participate in planning and pre/post-planning events (Demos and Inspect/Adapt).
- Collaborate with Product Owners, UX architecture and others to execute work including prototyping and testing to validate solutions; make buy/build/partner recommendations to Agile Release Train; collaborate with Architecture, Technology, etc. to make buy/build recommendations, support testing, partner with revenue and business stakeholders to develop pricing strategies and assess ROI.
Sales & Client Engagement:
- Work with client solutions, product readiness, and marketing teams to communicate new product and approve positioning and develop go-to-market strategy, plans, and training materials. Minimal level of direct client engagement – approx 10%.
- Measure and monitor product KPI performance, and provide strategy and roadmap input accordingly; make end-of-life recommendations for non-performant products.
- Product Management – Applies standard techniques and tools to carry out analysis and performance monitoring activities for specified products. Supports problem resolution, resolves issues and acts on feedback and usage of in-life products. Creates product collateral and monitors results and feedback from product campaigns.
- Requirements & Definition Mgmt – Defines and manages scoping, requirements definition, and prioritization activities for small scale changes and assists with more complex change initiatives. Follows agreed standards, applying appropriate techniques to elicit and documented detailed requirements. Provides constructive challenge to stakeholders as required. Prioritizes requirements and documents traceability to source. Reviews requirements for errors and omissions. Provides input to the requirements baseline. Investigates, manages and applies authorized requests for changes to base-lined requirements, in-line with change management policy.
- Relationship Management – Deals with problems and issues, managing resolutions, corrective actions, lessons learned and the collection and dissemination of relevant information. Collects and uses feedback from customers, stakeholders, and leadership to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management. Helps develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships. Develop strong relationships with Product Owner.
- Innovation – Facilitates the innovation pipeline and executes innovation processes. Evolves and adapts innovation tools, processes and infrastructures to drive the process of innovation. Encourages and motivates innovation communities, teams and individuals to share creative ideas and learns from failures. Coordinates and facilitates the communication and open flow of creative ideas between interested parties and the set-up of innovation networks and communities.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.
Education, experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field.
- 5 years; or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Requires and applies a broad knowledge of business, product performance and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a variety of different domains, including Engineering, Finance, and Business Development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be applied across a diverse set of audiences.
- Basic understanding of engineering architecture with experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
- Work experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in in conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Working experience in identifying KPI’s and other analytics to measure product value.
- Working experience with executive presentations.
- Working experience in working with a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Knowledge of systems involved in the processes of billing and provisioning products is a plus.
- Provisioning/order fulfillment experience is a plus!