This Senior Product Manager at Dealer.com will be an important member of the team by identifying opportunities through discovery activities, helping create a roadmap that aligns with strategic initiatives, and collaborating with cross-functional teams from across the organization. You will help socialize the roadmap, develop go-to-market strategies, and continuously look for ways to improve the shopping-to-buying experience on Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, and Dealer.com platforms.
You will help execute the roadmap in an agile development environment and work with product owners and scrum teams to iterate as additional research, testing, and discovery activities are performed.
Ideal candidates have a background in eCommerce or marketplace web experiences. Automotive experience is a plus but not required.
Strategy/Discovery – Identify, quantify, and effectively communicate customer market opportunities; analyze competitive landscape and validate solutions for future products.
Partner with UX research, marketing research, client solutions, and business stakeholders to observe and solicit feedback from consumers and clients.
Planning – Manage feature creation, identify business rules and business impact; involve Product Owners and with scrum teams to ensure the delivery team is aligned to feature acceptance criteria and the why; collaborate with other product managers to ensure alignment across products.
Innovation – Manage an innovation pipeline, develops, adapt, and uses innovation tools and processes. (HCD, Design sprints, etc) Partner closely with UX, market research, sales, and business stakeholders to gain an in-depth understanding of consumers, clients, and the competitive landscape. This means identifying problems and jobs to be done across segments and personas. Then creating products to support the completion of those jobs and solve problems for consumers and clients.
Product Management – Assess product performance against KPIs and make corrections to improve performance; create and deliver thoughtful information to influence key market constituents; make end-of-life recommendations for non-performant products. Prioritize product requirements and work with product owners as well as products to prioritize the backlog.
Relationship Management – Translate stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables. Facilitate open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Work with client solutions, product readiness, and marketing teams to communicate new product and approve positioning and develop go-to-market strategy, plans, and training materials.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or a related field is required
- 5 years of work-related experience is required.
- Requires and applies a broad knowledge of business, product performance and industry principles, practices, and procedures.
- Working knowledge for SAFe Agile Methodology.
- Experience working cross-functionally with a variety of different domains, including Engineering, Finance, and Business Development.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, that can be applied across a diverse set of audiences.
- Basic understanding of engineering architecture with experience working with engineering teams to deliver products.
- Work experience in design, development and implementation of product plans.
- Working experience in full product lifecycle methodologies.
- Working experience in creating, prioritizing and recommending epics and features.
- Working experience in conducting competitive research and analysis.
- Working experience in identifying KPI’s and other analytics to measure product value.
- Working experience with executive presentations.
- Working experience in working with a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
To be employed in this role, you’ll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited