Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is currently looking for a Senior Pricing Strategy Manager to join our team. This role may reside in any Cox Automotive location that is in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone.
A critical role on the Cox Automotive Pricing Strategy team, the Senior Pricing Strategy Manager develops pricing, packaging, and monetization capabilities for a specific Business Unit or Solution Set. This individual is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing pricing strategies considering market, technical, and/or process constraints. In addition, this role is proactive in building strong relationships with boundary partners in Marketing, Finance, Product, Sales, and Solution Set Leaders to align pricing thought leadership, strategy, and pricing management to drive revenue and EBITDA benefits to Cox Automotive.
- Partner with leaders in Sales, Sales Ops, Finance, & Product to develop executable pricing strategies aligned to the business unit’s GTM strategy.
- Requires strong knowledge of the business, marketplace dynamics, sales team structure, and tools / technology that supports price execution.
- Provides thought leadership in pricing science, expert knowledge of pricing models, techniques, and strategies to guide business GMs, Sales, and Product partners in developing sustainable pricing that will help enable the business to meet its revenue and profitability objectives.
- Partners with the Product and IT teams when developing strategies, processes, and tools to ensure strategies are executable and informed by existing system limitations, restrictions, and marketplace realities.
- Drives pricing analytics, discounting and rebate strategies, and new product monetization approaches through thoughtful analysis, modeling, and market testing where appropriate.
- Drive a strong partnership between the Pricing Strategy team and business GMs, Sales Leaders, and Product teams throughout the organization.
- Provide subject matter expertise to guide transformational initiatives within the business that require pricing.
- Support pricing discussions with VP & SVP level executives in the core business unit they support.
- Develop relationship as trusted advisor with key VP/SVP GMs within the business
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVD-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accomodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field and 7+ years’ experience in Pricing, Sales, Operations, Consulting, or related field driving product management, strategy, or revenue management disciplines or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- MBA preferred
- Hands-on experience developing pricing strategies and plans for new products and innovative services
- Experience developing value, monetization, and pricing strategies for new innovative, technology-based products and services
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across functional teams and different organizational levels to deliver results
- Must be able to effectively organize and prioritize workflow and work independently
- Proven ability to work effectively within complex decision-making and organizational structures
- Ability to lead parallel assignments in a high-quality manner while hitting deadlines