Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is looking for a Senior PHP Software Engineer to help drive the implementation of the product roadmap for Cox Automotive’s F&I Express Solution. F&I Express connects providers, agents, dealers and lenders with solutions that deliver easy aftermarket product rating, contracting & content services, and auto loan cancellation recovery services.
As the Senior PHP Software Engineer within the F&I Express team, you will be responsible in working collaboratively with your fellow team members, providing solutioning to difficult problems and mentoring to the junior members on the team for F&I Express Recoveries solutions.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with fellow team members and management. The right candidate for this role should possess experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering culture.
Technology We Use: PHP, ReactJS, AngularJS, MySQL, C#, AWS (EKS, SNS, SQS, Lambda), Docker, Helm, MongoDB, REST
- Build and integrate new architecture, frameworks, technologies and everything that makes for great software.
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development, using a strong understanding of security-based design patterns
- Provide senior-level systems design, development, programming and support for the Express Recoveries application operating in our LAMP environment.
- Strong experience in modern PHP Frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, etc)
- Serve as a technical expert in the evaluation and testing of the capabilities, characteristics and requirements of existing and emerging information systems technologies.
- Maintain and apply strong understanding of business practices to effectively fulfill responsibilities while working on multiple high-priority tasks
- Make recommendations as to feasibility of implementation of modified or new technologies and / or frameworks
- Play an active role in the design and development of new code
- Participate in scrum agile development process
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience building successful products as a full-stack engineer with increasing responsibilities OR 9+ years of experience.
- Solid knowledge of programming fundamentals—algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and paradigms
- Experience building, tuning and supporting large scale, high-availability SaaS platforms
- Experience consuming/creating JSON-based, RESTful APIs
- Experience with 3rd party API integrations
- Able to work fast and deliver fast, check your work and take pride in shipping quality.
- Take the initiative to find new ways to solve problems. You help the team understand your point of view and advocate for great solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply knowledge to solve technical and business problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Agile process
Preferred skills & experience
- Strong understanding of AWS or other cloud technologies
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies such as react or other single page application frameworks and their interactions with APIs
- Experience leading major projects with API-first approach
- Experience with .NET, C# and technologies such as WEB API
- Experience operating in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)