The Senior Insights Analyst is an experienced member of the Analytics & Insights team, providing custom analysis and insights to both internal teams and our enterprise class clients. This position will leverage skills in business requirement gathering, project management, measurement strategies, data acquisition, data analysis, data visualization and client consulting to provide clear reporting, insight and recommendations to internal and client stakeholders. They will proactively consult with clients by providing in-depth analysis of consumer behaviors, campaign performance and program initiatives within the digital space.
The Senior Insights Analyst is expected to be comfortable working somewhat autonomously, identifying stakeholders, project dependencies, facilitating communications and managing towards the successful completion of analysis projects. This position should have experience developing measurement strategies, custom reports and tailored insights with visualizations that help tell the story within the data. This position will need to leverage a working knowledge of various source systems, the ability to extract data from these sources, and then combine data and provide actionable, recommended steps in order to drive both program performance and operational efficiencies. They will need to coordinate and work with stakeholders across multiple companies to connect data sets and provide objective analysis of the performance of client initiatives. Finally, as a senior member of the team, you are expected to provide some level of mentoring and knowledge share to other team members, pulling from several years of working experience.
Please note this position is not eligible for sponsorship.
PRIMARY DUTIES/KEY RESPONSIBILITES:
- This position will be solely focused on eCommerce Analytics & Consumer Solutions aimed at improving eCommerce effectiveness.
- This position will create and implement client-facing analytics enablement strategy to enrich performance management routines and support the Sales Digital Commerce Managers to deliver best-in-class recommendations to further online transactions and profits for clients.
- Provide comprehensive data analysis, reporting, and recommendations across both advertising and websites platforms.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and refine reporting dashboards for Enterprise Clients (Internal and External) that meet their unique needs
- Provide insights using data visualization and storytelling techniques to clearly address the needs and questions of stakeholders
- Facilitate cross training and mentoring fellow team members on internal reporting tools, data analysis techniques, internal systems, processes and best practices
- Ability to think creatively to incorporate new types of data into custom insights that provide direction guidance towards business questions
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 4 years experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 2 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years experience in a related field
- Requires a deep understanding of MySQL and SQL-like data sources, including the ability to efficiently access and query these databases. The ideal candidate should be proficient in crafting SQL queries, ensuring that data is retrieved accurately and efficiently.
- Must have strong proficiency in at least one data visualization software such as Tableau, Power BI, Domo, MicroStrategy, or similar tools.
- Requires experience working with large sets of data and pulling directly from various data sources
- Experience in using Snowflake, Alteryx and/or other dashboard development and analysis tools in order to create actionable insights
- Excellent written, oral, and project management skills to see insight projects through from initial request to delivery
- High level understanding of digital advertising, the primary channels (Search, Display, Social, Video) and their uses for influencing consumer behavior
- High level understanding of website usability and standard metrics used to define user website interactions
- Must be passionate about data while promoting learning and assisting others in using or understanding reporting systems.
- Produces high-quality work that is accurate and thorough, with an attention to detail.
- Approaches work with a continuous improvement mindset, providing suggestions and/or taking action to implement new solutions within the Media Insights team
- Requires physical ability and mental acuity to execute the duties of the position successfully within required timeframes in order to meet business requirements.