As a senior member of the Hardware Engineering Team, you will develop our company’s own motherboards. You will also oversee the design activities of our partners on behalf of OnLogic, and make sure new products go through testing and work as they should.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Accountable for the hardware design team through the product development process, including circuit schematic design & PCB layout for highly reliable x86 & ARM based products for industrial applications. Hardware development is based on set engineering methods and follows OnLogic’s development process.
- Define and execute electrical testing, test new products, and solve problems when needed. Ensure the completion and resolution of all validation for all areas of the product.
- Assists in architecture development and assessment
- Manage project schedules and improvements for product designs.
- Work with manufacturing teams to make prototypes.
- Work with Product Management and other teams to find and evaluate new circuitry and products.
- Develop and maintain all needed documentation, such as block diagrams, checklists, manuals, BOMs, test plans.
- Join in improvement activities to make sure we make products of high quality.
- Contribute your ideas to advance the design methods to the next level.
- Develop test specification and test scripts in cooperation with internal stakeholders and the Contract Manufacturer (CM).
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include, Hardware, Mechanical, Applications and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of Hardware Engineering in motherboard R&D, preferable in Industry PC industry
- Experience collaborating across multiple engineering disciplines in a leadership capacity, such as mechanical, electrical, firmware and product testing, etc.
- Developed products from proof of concept to mass production.
Who we’re looking for:
A self-motivated person who can work independently and who takes action without being asked. You work best in a high-energy, fast growing industrial computer environment. You like solving problems and you want to learn more. You have experience with design of X86 or ARM based motherboards, ideally for industrial applications.