Cox Automotive (Dealer.com) is currently looking for a Senior Employment Practices Consultant to join our team. This is a remote, work-from-home role. You must be located in the Eastern Time Zone or Central Time Zone in the United States.
The Senior Employment Practices Consultant is responsible for supporting all phases of M&A activity for the Global Employment Practices Team including due diligence, integration, and transition to business-as-usual processes. The position will have accountability to ensure adherence to due diligence and integration timelines and areas supported including I-9 employment verification and reverification, background adjudication, domestic and global immigration, relocation, and policy/training compliance for newly acquired employees. The Sr. Employment Practices Consultant will partner with the M&A team, Legal, Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Environmental Health and Safety, HRBPs, and key contacts at the acquired company to resolve any issues, make recommendations, and participate in other key HR M&A initiatives. The Sr. Employment Practices Consultant will also support business-as-usual global employment practices work including HR compliance, Employee Relations, Global Mobility & Immigration, and Workplace Policies & Training.
- Along with the Global Employment Practices M&A Lead, manage all M&A activity for Global Employment Practices including, but not limited to, current state analysis and data gathering, risk identification, transition of files to vendors, socialization and roll out of Cox Automotive Policies, initiation of new I-9s and background screens and reporting.
- Conduct audits and analyze current state acquired company data to make recommendations about integration strategy and activities including I-9s, background checks, etc.
- Partner with HR technology to coordinate logistics for bulk I-9 and background screen orders.
- Partner with Compensation to review role mapping and associated background check packages.
- Initiate and support the background screening process and escalations including pre-adverse process; independently determining employment eligibility through background check adjudications.
- Partner with the Environmental Health and Safety team to ensure DOT compliance related to background screen assignments for newly acquired employees.
- Collect immigration/relocation data and partner with the Global Mobility team on work transition.
- Assist in the development of employee and manager communications, job aids and trainings.
- Provide weekly reporting on compliance forms and training completion rates to HR team.
- Support transition to business-as-usual processes for newly acquired HR/managers for I-9s, background checks, policy compliance, and employee relations issues
- Provide daily reporting on background check and I-9 completion rates, escalate any issues as needed to ensure timely completion.
- Remains abreast of best practices and trends relevant to HR compliance and Global Mobility and incorporate changes into M&A processes.
- Assist in the maintenance of the M&A playbooks for Global Employment Practices and make recommendations for M&A strategy and process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting with pre-hire background adjudications, pre-hire and reverification I-9 support, post-hire screening and adjudications, employee relations investigations, global mobility & immigration case support, and policy and compliance training support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 4 years’ experience in a related field. The right candidate could also have a different combination, such as a master’s degree and 2 years’ experience; a Ph.D. and up to 1 year of experience; or 8 years’ experience in a related field.
- Experience working on mergers and acquisitions, specifically in the HR compliance and Global Mobility space
- Demonstrated project management/ownership skills
- Experience with pre-employment background check adjudication and individualized assessment process
- Experience with legal and regulatory compliance
- Experience with Form I-9 practices and procedures
- Experience managing employment-based US immigration matters
- PHR or GPHR
- Able to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a diverse team member population
- Ability to think critically in challenging situations, anticipate, and resolve issues
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to be able to support a positive acquired company employee experience
- Proactive self-starter
- Team player with superior customer focus and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities efficiently and effectively
- Curious mindset, asks questions and uses strong attention to detail and process knowledge to identify potential compliance issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience maintaining confidential information
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret data
- Ability to raise questions/ issues, think through downstream impacts/ implications
- Ability to assess current state programs to make recommendations for and execute improvements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word