The University of Vermont
Sponsored Project Administration (SPA), the University of Vermont’s full-service research administration and compliance office, is seeking a Senior Compliance Analyst to oversee financial compliance functions for sponsored activity within the University. This position is eligible for 100% remote work.
The Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Coordinating all aspects of the University of Vermont’s annual Single Audits involving sponsored projects as the department’s primary liaison with UVM’s external auditors.
- Preparing the Schedule of Expenditures of Federal Awards (SEFA) at fiscal year-end and monitor SEFA query results on a quarterly basis for quality control purposes.
- Providing management and support for other internal and external reviews.
- Administering and maintaining the University’s registration with SAM.gov.
- Overseeing risk management of subawards, ensuring compliance with federal, sponsor, and University policy and best practices.
- Conducting high level analysis, financial and other reporting, and project management related to sponsored project compliance matters.
- Identifying emerging trends that may affect the conduct of sponsored projects at the University and recommend actions to SPA leadership.
- Serving as the liaison to internal and external constituents on complex internal/external policy, procedural and process information pertaining to the area of responsibility.
Minimum Qualifications (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
Bachelor’s degree in related field and six years of government, non-profit or higher education experience or equivalent combination required. Experience in grant and contract administration and compliance, financial audits, and complex reporting and analysis required. Demonstrated customer service experience required. Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, required. Analytical skills and effective presentation skills required.
Experience in financial management and with PeopleSoft highly desirable.
Intermediate to advance skills in Excel strongly preferred.