The Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst at Dealer.com will be responsible for supporting competitive intelligence efforts to capture, analyze, and synthesize competitive insights from various channels (earnings calls, analyst’s reports, press releases, team members, etc.). The Analyst will also maintain competitor profiles including drivers, current strategy, management assumptions, and capabilities. They will primarily support the Cox Automotive BUs/Solution Groups. In addition to keeping a pulse on key competitive activity, the Senior Competitive Intelligence Analyst will play a key role in product updates and overall competitive dynamics in the space, with the objective of aiding in developing strategic insights focused on maintaining the companies’ leadership positions. Activities will also support business planning, product development, sales enablement, marketing, and competitive response strategies.
- Research: stay current on market and competitors and monitor the news/marketplace, on a daily basis. Undertake specific projects, build areas of expertise and share knowledge with team members.
- Competitive analysis: perform research and analysis on specific competitors: market presence, product offerings and capabilities, sales strategies and relevant dynamics. Gain a deep understanding of some of Cox Automotive’s key competitors and help build winning competitive strategies.
- Content development: develop competitive briefs, quarterly earnings points-of-view (POVs), product matrixes and presentations for different audiences (product teams, sales, pre-sales, marketing, executive team, partners) with the appropriate level of details. Also, partner with Sales and Marketing teams to create competitive battle cards and other sales enablement materials
- Product management: stay abreast of competitor product evolutions and launches. Identify and communicate portfolio gaps and market observations on a regular basis.
- Sales support: Assist sales in competitive situations by making recommendations on sales strategies
- Effectively coordinate, capture, synthesize and analyze competitive insights from various channels, maintaining robust competitor profiles that synthesize key insights.
- Establish a strong network, including key industry groups, clients and experts (internal and external).
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the Competitive Intelligence field and maintain the knowledge necessary to retain professional competence (including participation in competitive intelligence-related events).
- Support ad hoc research requests and assume other responsibilities as they arise.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 5 years of professional experience, preferably competitive intelligence, product strategy, product marketing or business consulting; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Self-starter mentality that possesses critical thinking capabilities, intellectual curiosity, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative in a highly matrixed environment, influence without authority, stand out as a successful, objective and strategic thought partner.
- Energetic and positive team player who is flexible and personable with a service-oriented attitude.
- Must have a natural curiosity and comfort with ambiguous information and limited direction.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment in which attention to detail is expected.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Approaches change with a positive mindset.
- Embraces responsibility for outcomes and impact.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver concise reporting, presentations, and materials that are executive-friendly.