As a senior member of the Product Management team, you will set the product vision and strategy. You work closely with internal stakeholders such as Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering as well as with key customers and partners to identify use cases and pain points for the development of differentiated products.
Together with our Product Managers to develop the product roadmap and identify the requirements for new product developments. You will provide implementation guidance for firmware, software tools, operating systems, and applications as it pertains to the OnLogic hardware portfolio of Industrial PCs and Edge Servers.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Research, define, introduce, and promote competitive and differentiated hardware and software solutions that are consistent with new and existing market trends, company direction and core customer needs as well as revenue and profitability goals.
- Work with Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, and Partners to develop the strategic vision and high level product and technology roadmaps
- Identify, research, and propose potential technology and software partner candidates and accompanying business models
- Cooperate with Sales and respond to potential opportunities through direct customer requests or customer pain points, hurdles or challenges.
- Engage with customers to enhance and improve OnLogic’s best in class product offerings.
- Ensure Technology leadership for OnLogic’s product lines is in alignment to target markets specific products and strategies.
- Leverage new industry technologies and applications to enhance market opportunity and expand marketable use cases.
- Create detailed specifications and product requirements
- Collaborate with other members of the Architecture, Product Management, and Engineering teams to pair meaningful software functionality and application capabilities with OnLogic’s hardware offerings.
The team you will be joining:
- Product Management: Product management is the process of strategically directing every stage of the product lifecycle—from research and development to pricing and positioning—to build technically feasible products that fulfill both customer needs and business objectives. A famous quote from PM guru Martin Eriksson says product management is what happens “at the intersection between business, technology, and user experience.” In short: product managers analyze business, technology, and customer needs, then define product solutions and guide a product team to deliver them. Product management is a cross-functional role: effective product management involves cross-functional communication with organizational stakeholders, including C-level executives, engineering, marketing, sales, customer support, and supply chain.
Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of Development, Design, and/or Architecture of software designed to enhance the features, capabilities, or functionality of a hardware original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- 3+ years of Real-world industrial or edge based applications experience
- You have extensive technical background relating to computer hardware and software application integration
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of edge-to-cloud computing
- Experience with operating systems (including Linux & Real Time OS), virtualization and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) with a firm grasp of varying telemetry, monitoring, and analytics tools.
- Experience with fleet management applications, orchestration, and administration of Edge Computing platforms.
- Experience with firmware, driver, and application revision control and management mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge and experience with remote management functionality, features, and APIs
- Awareness and knowledge of software management industry standards and governing bodies.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Vision, Machine Learning, and Artificial Intelligence at the Edge.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who loves technology and has a strong understanding of computer hardware and software architectures.
- You have the ability to develop a strategic vision.
- You have attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- You are organized, and you have very good analytical and problem solving skills.
- You have good time-management, you can work with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You learn new things quickly.
- You can document complex concepts cleanly and clearly.
- You are able to provide a clear sense of direction.