Nomad Transportable Power Systems, Inc. (Nomad) is headquartered in Waterbury, Vermont. Nomad is focused purely on mobile energy storage and has the first fully commercialized grid-scale mobile battery product line. Nomad is targeting a wide range of markets, including utilities, EV charging, oil & gas applications, seasonal customers like ski resorts, rental markets, and hybrid systems coupled with gensets and renewables. Nomad is uniquely able to provide energy storage where and when it’s needed using our proprietary / patent-pending technology. For more information, visit www.nomadpower.com.
Nomad is seeking a diligent Senior Accountant to join our Finance department. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with budget and close processes, conducting internal audits, and maintaining Nomad’s QuickBooks Online accounting system. You will also be assisting the Chief Financial Officer as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). We are also seeking a Senior Accountant with excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Assisting the Finance department as needed
- Up to 20% travel may be required
The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, construction finance, or other related technical discipline required
- Currently hold a CPA or CMA license preferred
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Familiarity with US GAAP
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Basic understanding of project methodologies is preferred
- Experience with budgeting, including budgeting software is a plus
- Excellent collaboration, listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Working experience with an ERP system is a plus
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges, with or without corrective lenses or an assisted hearing device.
- Good manual dexterity is required to use computers, mobile devices, and other productivity technologies.