Chroma Technology Corp.
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for a Sales Account Manager!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Sales Account Manager (3) is responsible for developing new, profitable accounts and ensuring that customer needs and expectations are met. This role works to create, retain and mature long term relationships with new and existing OEM, Contract Manufacturer, and Reseller customers and takes an active part in contributing to and formulating sales strategy. This position is tasked with increasing the number and value of accounts, as well as driving expansion into other markets to support Chroma’s continued profitable growth.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Account satisfaction;
- Provide quotes for customers to meet their specifications/needs;
- Works closely with applications, design and methods to ensure the filter design and specification are optimal for the application, and cost effective, while providing a barrier to entry against competition.
- Maintain relationships with clients;
- Providing support, information, and guidance to customers;
- Keeping customers apprised of new products and capabilities.
- Act as liaison between the customer and other key departments at Chroma;
- Assisting in resolving product and service problems by acting as liaison between QA/QC and customer as needed;
- Providing complete product requirements to Chroma Engineering and facilitating communication between the customer and Chroma during the development process;
- Participating in trouble shooting.
- Provide quotes for customers to meet their specifications/needs;
- Increase profitable revenue from accounts;
- Increase sales to existing accounts through cross selling and proactively pursuing additional bid opportunities.
- Participate in market research and assist in developing marketing, advertising and promotional plans, including literature and web-site development.
- Assist in developing product lines for particular applications.
- Actively seek out new leads, open new markets.
- Use reporting and analytical tools for monitoring key accounts.
- Maintain detailed customer information in CRM software.
- Use tradeshows to:
- Educate customers on offerings (products, capabilities, service);
- Engage new customers;
- Strengthen relationships with current customers;
- Remain current in market innovations and trends;
o Help map the interplay of companies within the markets of interest.
- Develop additional accounts by identifying new potential customers through market research, trade show participation, and following up on other leads.
- Participate in sales strategy development, competitive benchmarking, and goal setting with Sales Manager and Sales teams.
- Participate in the development of, and adherence to, prototype and volume pricing mechanisms.
- Maintain technical knowledge by reading publications and attending lectures and workshops that are relevant to the product and markets of interest.
- At least once per year, act as tradeshow owner, establishing and achieving show goals.
- Travel for tradeshows and/or customer visits at least ten (10) times per year; minimum of 20% travel expected.
- If working remotely full-time, make effort to maintain integrated relationships with pertinent team and department members, including at least semi-annual trips to Bellows Falls, encompassing at least 10 working days per year.
- Able to assimilate and apply new information quickly
- Highly developed decision making and problem resolution abilities
- Strong leadership skills; demonstrated ability to lead a team, as well as be a contributory team member
- Good negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills; friendly, outgoing individual
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all individuals/groups within the organization
Additional Responsibilities for all Employee Owners:
- Learn and keep yourself informed by asking questions and attending Company meetings, Board meetings, reading corporate emails and communication
- Adopt an entrepreneurial attitude to help ensure the Company’s success; including innovation, customer focus, problem solving, cost containment and commitment to quality
- Adhere to all other responsibilities as defined in the Rights and Responsibilities for All Employee Owners at Chroma Technology found in the Employee Handbook
- Chroma is a fast paced, collaborative, high tech manufacturing environment
- Work is performed in a professional office environment with an average noise level
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
Required Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (biology, chemistry, physics or engineering) or equivalent in experience
- Extensive knowledge of filter manufacturing, design, underlying science and technologies, and applications (including fluorescent imaging)
- A minimum of 8 years of technical sales and/or support experience and experience in the optics industry required
- Strong sales track record and demonstrated ability to grow business
- Undeniable ability to produce while working unsupervised
- Average to advanced computer skills (user level), including Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to travel as required for the position
- Bilingual fluency helpful: German, Japanese, and/or Mandarin
- Enter data into computer systems and/or produce documents, typically utilizing a computer keyboard
- Close vision for computer work
- Communicate regularly utilizing phone
- Ability to sit and/or stand at work station for extended periods of time
- Regular, predictable attendance to meet production demands and be available to internal customers
- Ability to communicate with vendors utilizing phone
Prospective and/or new employees will be required to comply with Chroma’s COVID vaccination, testing, and face covering requirements. The requirements include proof of at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose prior to the start of employment and verification of the second dose within 30 days of the start of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to applicable vaccination requirements and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Applicants in need of an exemption due to a sincerely held religious belief or disability should contact [email protected].