Systems & Software
A Quality Assurance Testing Specialist fulfills an important role at Systems and Software, working in the Research & Development Department to ensure that new software development and issue resolutions are ready for release to our customers. High-level responsibilities include analyzing requirements, developing test plans, staging test data, running tests, documenting results, tracking issues and verifying that all information about each modification is documented correctly.
The incumbent is responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
What your impact will be:
- Analyzes software requirements and technical specifications.
- Participates in requirement and design review meetings.
- Develops and documents application test plans based on business requirements and technical specifications.
- Creates test cases including detailed expected results.
- Creates and stages test data.
- Executes complex functional, application and regression tests.
- Records and documents results including anomalies and issues.
- Ensures compliance with general programming best practices, accepted web standards and S&S specific coding standards.
- Works closely with QA Team members to ensure all software bugs are caught in house before the software is delivered to the customer.
- Provides timely status reports.
- Uses a wide variety of software tools including writing SQL queries, running data simulators and verifying data within HTML files.
- Provides code modification overviews (Maintenance Release Notes) and application testing instructions for users.
What we are looking for:
- 2-3 years of demonstrated QA software testing experience
- Ability to work in the Winooski office as required
- Ability to work independently
- Work well and deliver under pressure
What would make you stand out:
- Knowledge of utility CIS