Select Design is looking for a talented and dedicated Purchasing Specialist to join our team in Burlington, VT. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem-solver, clear communicator, and skilled multitasker. As a member of our Product Team, you will be responsible for finding the right products and partners to produce branded solutions for our clients while owning the order writing and management process to ensure everything stays on track.
A few things to know:
- We approach our work with energy, heart, and dedication. The motivation to persevere with hustle and passion is a must.
- We support each other. Being a kind, open, and honest teammate is table-stakes for this role.
- We value uniqueness, the willingness to take on anything, at any time and the desire to push yourself and those around you to do better work.
What your day will look like:
· Respond to brand and initiative-specific requests that require quick, critical thinking.
· Find manufacturing partners to quote, negotiate, and produce a wide range of products under tight timelines.
· Generate purchase orders and actively manage production timelines to ensure they stay on track.
· Communicate any order changes and outline potential solutions to team members as soon as they arise.
· Manage order-specific logistics and ensure that all labeling, shipping, and receiving requirements are met.
· Be an active, problem-solving partner with account and creative team members throughout the entire project’s life-span.
You’ll be successful if:
- Able to manage several overlapping responsibilities while still meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter who values collaboration and feedback.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Proactive, critical thinker with a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Comfortable communicating via phone, email, and in-person.
- Experience with data entry and an understanding of the speed and accuracy required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Teams, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred