Scout Digital is a full-service creative agency that exists to help you tell your story. Scout Digital partners with clients to grow their business through holistic data-driven creative systems. Experts in video production, branding, design + UX, development, and digital marketing, the team at Scout Digital is composed of remarkably talented individuals who are all masters in their craft. As a result of this success, the organization is looking for a Project Manager (reporting to the Director of Operations) to help guide our client projects to success.
What you will do:
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on a budget to clients who feel great about the work. Once the sales process has ended, you will be the leader of client project delivery. You will support the overarching schedule for multiple projects and be responsible for working alongside all stakeholders to deliver the best outcomes for Scout Digital and our clients. You will do this using the best-in-class project management methodology that you regularly share with the team.
- Interpret client needs and turn them into project outcomes; you will be the liaison between the client and the rest of our team. You will be responsible for anticipating and understanding client needs and transforming those into project outcomes with appropriate resources and timelines. You will be responsible for managing two-way communication; both from the client to our internal team and from the internal team to the client. You understand how to appropriately scope projects and are able to identify and sell work that is out of scope but makes the client project more successful.
- Remove barriers; when there are blocks on either our internal team or externally on the client-side, you are able to work through them and ensure the project stays on track. You value collaborative teamwork and are willing to work together to resolve issues and problem solve. You seek out opportunities to continuously improve our ways of working at Scout Digital.
- Ensure quality on projects that are being launched; you will have ultimate accountability for the end result of our projects. As such, you will need to effectively act as a quality assurance checkpoint for client work. When projects need more attention, you are able to speak to those responsible internally and get a great result. You maintain our high standards for output.
Who You Are:
- Relationship-builder and influencer; you are great at getting what you want while making every stakeholder feel good along the way. Managers trust you, employees trust you and so do clients. You are able to anticipate the needs of our clients and our internal resources so that projects are delivered seamlessly and with little stress. Based on these relationships you create, clients feel a deep sense of trust in our delivery and do not need to escalate issues. You know how to win others over and have a good grasp of how others are feeling in a relationship.
- Communication Expert; You are proactive and able to convey facts that are digestible and inspire action and trust. You are comfortable pushing back when necessary in order to meet goals and timeframes. You are not afraid to have difficult conversations, particularly around deadlines and scope changes. Whether it’s your discipline in impeccably written documentation with clients or your ability to verbally share feedback with the team, you are known for your ability to both share information and listen.
- Deeply responsible; you are the person who never lets a ball drop. You keep yourself accountable to the point where it inspires others to do the same. You are also able to hold others accountable through the trust and care you’ve created with everyone on the team. When looking at a company from a holistic view, you strive to collaboratively enhance efficiency, productivity, and profitability while tightening overall business practices.
- Have knowledge of PM software (ideally JIRA) and marketing; you likely have been in a similar role for a marketing agency and are familiar with PM software and how it’s used to deliver great outcomes. If you haven’t done this role in a marketing capacity, we welcome you to share how your past experiences translate.
Experience with Agile methodology; you likely have a background working with Agile methodology and are continuously seeking ways to improve. You are familiar with leading, organizing, and motivating teams, the software development life cycle, working in sprints, and perhaps you already possess a Scrum Master certification.