NOMAD Transportable Power Systems, Inc. (NOMAD) is headquartered in Waterbury, Vermont. NOMAD is focused purely on mobile energy storage and has the first fully commercialized grid-scale mobile battery product line. NOMAD is targeting a wide range of markets, including utilities, EV charging, oil & gas applications, seasonal customers like ski resorts, rental markets, and hybrid systems coupled with gensets and renewables. NOMAD is uniquely able to provide energy storage where and when it’s needed using our proprietary / patent-pending technology. For more information, visit www.nomadpower.com.
NOMAD is seeking a diligent Project Manager to join our Operations department. As the project manager, you will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. You will be working closely with other team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members and clients to ensure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Reviewing customer contracts.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Scheduling team meetings.
- Reading and approving mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Creating project schedules and compiling document packages.
The position will report to the Sr. Supply Chain Manager.
The candidate should be an experienced project manager with prior operations experience. The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proven experience in project management.
- Extensive experience with MS Project or other project management software.
- Experience rolling up multiple project schedules into a master schedule and accounting for company resources across multiple departments.
- Ability to lead project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies.
- Experience as a construction project manager or field services manager is helpful.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Experience overseeing a design, construction, and implementation project.
- Ability to work in the field and recognize where improvements can be made to design and construction practices.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience establishing and maintaining key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a Science is preferred.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, vendors, and co-workers.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges, with or without corrective lenses or an assisted hearing device.
- Good manual dexterity is required to use computers, mobile devices, and other productivity technologies.
- Some lifting is expected; occasional exertion of up to 25 lbs. of force may be required.