The Product Manager is a full time position on the Marketing Team at NRG Systems. This position is responsible for the ongoing success of one or more product lines as they relate to the company’s overall strategic objectives, extending from inception to end-of-life. This position will focus in particular on one or more growing product categories for NRG and will be tasked with identifying the next best opportunities to pursue based on a combination of market potential and strategic fit.
The successful Product Manager is the chief advocate for their products customers and for advancing the continual evolution of the organization toward customer-centricity. This is a highly cross-functional role working across all areas of the company especially engineering, sales, and technical services. It is important to have a blend of business and technical aptitude as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
This position reports directly to the VP of Global Marketing and Product Management. The Product Manager will work in partnership with the marketing team to achieve goals of the department that are in line with the company strategic plan, and will embrace the high standards of NRG ethics and core values.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in an engineering or technical field
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing or technical sales, preferably with direct involvement in product development (e.g., in a product management role)
- Experience in solar and/or meteorology industries a plus
- Experience designing/developing/offering services e.g., software- and/or hardware-as-a-service a plus
- Outstanding and proven ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Systems thinker excited to learn new markets and technologies
- Demonstrated technical writing skills, being able to take complex subjects and translate into meaningful material for customers knowledge
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize on a continual basis
- Good sense of humor and ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Proficiency with computer programs – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Python, SQL, PowerBI
- Willingness to travel up to 25% annually
- Work performed in a climate controlled office environment.
- Primary duties performed in a seated position.