As a Procurement Manager, you are a key part of the Operations team within the Global Supply Chain team. Based out of our South Burlington, Vermont or Cary, North Carolina location, you are responsible for identifying, creating, and managing global supplier relationships as well as partnering with internal stakeholders to drive supply chain strategies for OnLogic’s key suppliers in the OEM, ODM, and COTS spaces.
You thrive in a fast paced environment and are practiced in the execution of end-to-end supply chain management strategies throughout a product’s lifecycle while maintaining continuity of supply within the supply chain. You achieve this through excellent communication, negotiations, and understanding the true business need on both sides.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and execute on all aspects of strategic sourcing and procurement within key commodities such as memory, storage, IC’s, motherboards, mechanical and CPU’s.
- Lead supplier communications for assigned commodities. Run QBRs, understand the market, support data collection & analytics, and contract management.
- Partner closely with Engineering, Product Management and Project Management to align commodity and sourcing strategies with product requirements, initiate tasks for purchase request, interface with suppliers on build and ship plans, and support BOM accuracy to ensure a smooth transition from development to mass production.
- Lead opportunity assessments for new product developments to include; RFQs/RFPs, supplier selection, supplier negotiations and supplier performance/relationship management.
- Meet with suppliers and stakeholders for key operational and status updates used to drive supplier relationship management and compliance while building strong partnerships.
The team you will be joining
Our Operations team is responsible for building, testing, packaging and shipping OnLogic systems around the world. Their tireless attention to detail, and commitment to quality lets us boast about how reliable and configurable our systems are. Members of the Operations team cross-train on multiple disciplines to provide us with unparalleled staffing flexibility and the capability to react to any production demand. Always living up the way we work through continuous improvement and process optimization, Operations is where project plans and technical specifications become a reality. Roles on the Operations team include computer production, hardware testing, fulfillment services, supply chain management, product and process quality, production engineering and technical support.
Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- 8+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business; or 6+ years with a Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred such as Engineering (ME/EE/IE) or Supply Chain; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience/knowledge working on product developments for electronic systems, preferably in the Industrial PC space
- Proven knowledge of CM/ODM/OEM/COTS business models, consignment & turnkey materials management, cost modeling, supply chain design, and contract negotiation and management in the electronics manufacturing space
- Experience in activities around RFQ package creation, source selection, specification creation, cost analysis, and price negotiation with appropriate team members
- Experience exporting and aggregating data to make informed supply chain decisions
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Office and/or equivalent applications required
- Experience working with Asia based suppliers
Who we’re looking for:
- You are passionate about Electronics manufacturing and thrive in a fast-paced environment while working for a company experiencing exponential growth.
- You are confident in managing and executing projects from start to finish.
- You are innovative with a strong work ethic, committed to complete execution of projects and objectives. You are self-directed/driven with excellent organizational skills.
- You have demonstrated ability and passion to dissect/solve problems with a fact based, data driven, rigorous approach.
- You are a creative problem solver and negotiator and you thrive when multitasking and work best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- You manage multiple projects and timelines within deadline and you have excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Your communication skills (both verbal and written) are effective in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a huge plus!