Have you worked on migrations to AWS? Are you looking to use your extensive AWS experience to put your fingerprint on our successful move from on-premise to AWS? Are you looking to help drive direction to modernizing the stack once we get to AWS through the use of native AWS services? We are looking for someone with AWS experience to positively influence our short-term lift-and-shift strategy followed up by modernization through AWS native solutions.
Cox Automotive offers the chance to take a leading role in the migration of their F&I Solutions platform to AWS with subsequent modernization. We want to get out of our data centers into AWS so that we can move quickly, but we also need to be out of the datacenters quickly. Once this move is complete you will continue to help teams to adopt AWS best practices into their development lifecycle. Coaching and the ability to influence your engineering peers in the proper and best way to deliver their services, while taking into account their need to meet business timelines is important. Collaboration with your architect, engineering and leadership peers is part of your DNA. We do not expect you to have the right answer, or even an answer in all situations, but you leverage the knowledge of your peers and teams to make the best informed design decisions.
Cox Enterprises is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars. Come join the transformation!
Technology We Use:
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serve as a technology thought leader
- Contribute to the modernizations and innovations of a Cox Automotive F&I domain
- Champion technology and architecture-related investments, advocating for the priority of this work
- Define technical architectures aligned to business needs in collaboration with product and engineering
- Facilitate collaborative design discussions and drive design reviews
- Partner with product to envision future features and help plan development sequences
- Serve as a technical subject matter expert to engineering
- Assist with the development of architecture standards
- Assist with improving architecture practices
- Assist with governing software development to ensure satisfaction of non-functional requirements
- Build software prototypes to validate architecture approaches
- Build software prototypes to assess emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 10+ years of experience in software development for mid-size to large corporations or Master’s with 8+ years.
- 5+ years of working experience as a solution or technical architect
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack through self teaching
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- AWS, GCP or Azure services and solution architectures
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Object-oriented design and common patterns
- Distributed systems
- Docker, Kubernetes, and other container technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
What We Look For (preferred):
- Ability to write high quality blog posts and technical documentation