Resonant Link envisions a world with untethered batteries to electrify the future of work, logistics, transportation, and patient care, enabling a healthier, more sustainable future. Our innovative, world-class team focuses on transforming wireless charging to:
- Power fleets while they work: integrating our fast, wireless chargers into the stops that already exist during fleet operation (think pick stations for robots or loading docks for forklifts).
- Eliminate drivelines and battery replacement surgeries, for patients, forever: integrating our fast, efficient, and tiny wireless chargers into active, implantable medical devices like neurostimulators, pumps, and pacemakers.
As our Power Electronics Lead – Medical at Resonant Link, you will be responsible for leading our power electronics team to deliver the power converters at the heart of our best-in-class implantable wireless chargers. You will improve the quality of life for millions of patients by defining and coordinating technical efforts, building a culture of technical excellence, and supporting the growth of an amazing team.
We’re committed to building a healthy, collaborative engineering culture – and to help us deliver on our mission, we’re looking for empathetic, problem solvers and team leaders, with a passion for solving technical challenges at the boundary between scientific innovation and productization. If you get energized by working at the intersection of people, process and technology, we’re excited for you to bring your technical expertise, creativity, and leadership to the team!
On an average day, you’ll..
- Lead your team in the development of high-performance power electronics that have life saving impact. (You can expect to spend 70% of your time managing your team, and 30% of it working with other team leaders and customers to define and scope projects/products.)
- Work cross-functionally with the other technical leads to ensure on-time & on-spec delivery.
- Collaborate with some of the brightest power-electronic engineers on the planet.
- Meet with customers to communicate your team’s innovations and coordinate technical specifications.
- Build, shape, and continually improve processes and systems on your team
- Coach engineers to develop and enhance their technical and interpersonal skills
- Support the career growth of direct reports
The team you’ll be joining:
Our core values include our commitments to Deliver on Every Promise and that Together is Better, and we’ve built a team to reflect those. Our team includes engineers with PhDs from Berkeley, Dartmouth, ETH Zurich, Michigan, Stanford, and more and business & technical experience at Tesla, Apple, Dynapower, iRobot, and Harvard Medical School. We are critically reliant on our team members’ ownership, creativity, empathy, rigor, and collaboration to deliver on the promises of wireless charging to transform mission-critical power.
- You have experience leading a team and are energized by the opportunity to coach, empower, and develop direct reports.
- You are an outcomes-oriented person who understands the fundamental principles of power electronics and has a track record of managing a power electronics team to successfully deliver on-time and on-spec.
- Must have up-to-date vaccinations for COVID-19 and use a mask when visiting on-site or attending company-sponsored events (mask requirement subject to change as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves)
Who We’re Looking For:
- You operate with empathy and integrity, and can navigate complex challenges, while maintaining a focus on building an inclusive team culture.
- You’re able to think several steps ahead to mitigate downstream risks, and are not afraid of asking questions to get the full picture and understand the impact of your work/your team’s work on other projects and people.
- You’re a creative problem solver, taking initiative to own and solve problems with a mindset of continuous improvement – ensuring bigger picture issues are addressed, not just the problem at hand.
- You operate and lead with a growth mindset, viewing mistakes and challenges as learning opportunities and building upon your successes. You challenge yourself and those around you, especially direct reports, to continuously grow and improve.
- You’re adept at working in a distributed, dynamic environment, and feel comfortable navigating change and ambiguity.
- You’re a collaborative, respectful, and honest team member and recognize your responsibility as a leader – you know together is always better!
- Experience designing high-frequency power electronics