E INC is the parent company of EBlock and EDealer, unifying our approach to products, services, and strategies under one Vision and one Mission: to create the best digital auction and retailing platform in the world by connecting the automotive wholesale and retail experiences. Our brands and their technologies make it easy for a vehicle to move between buyers and sellers throughout its entire ownership lifecycle.
We are seeking a Paralegal to join our dynamic legal department. This role will involve supporting the E INC. legal team as well as businesspeople throughout the company. The work includes paralegal assignments, as well as legal operations functions in a multifaceted, professional environment. We are made up of high performing teams that meet in person to learn and collaborate as needed. This role is considered hybrid, which means you’ll be assigned to an E INC. office and given the flexibility to work remotely.
What you will do:
- Assisting clients of the Legal Department, including the Sales, Finance, People & Culture, Product and Marketing departments, with general questions and specific inquiries relating to existing contracts.
- Assess opportunities to streamline administrative and operational processes across the department in order to drive modern, efficient and cost-effective use of resources.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various types of agreements (e.g., non-disclosure, SaaS subscription services, T&Cs, amendments, SOWs) and interacting with the Legal Department to effectively address requested changes to agreements, including assisting with drafting and updating templates.
- Oversee document management systems, template and form development/sharing, and improve overall contract management processes.
- Handle contract repositories and related resources, as maintained on Google Drive, Dropbox and LinkSquares.
- Document filing, data entry in various platforms, word processing, and presentation creation, running reports and analyses, and other various legal operations tasks as needed or assigned.
- Collaborate with people at all levels of the organization and build relationships within the Legal team, and with team members including Sales, Finance, People & Culture, Product and Marketing departments and other operational teams.
- Assist with various support tasks associated with mergers and acquisitions, strategic relationships and real estate matters.
- Assist with maintaining corporate books, corporate filings, and records management.
- Support the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary with respect to E INC.’s public disclosure documents and filings.
- Assist the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary in maintaining corporate records for the Board and other corporate secretarial functions.
- Support risk management and insurance-related requests, including maintenance and renewals of insurance policies and related records.
- Support business licensing and compliance activities throughout North America. Help develop, enhance and scale the existing Compliance function and programs, including automotive dealer licensing and business licensing operations.
- Provide advice to E INC. leadership in areas related to dealership compliance.
- Research and analysis of legal and compliance matters applicable to our multi-jurisdiction operations, to include licensing, compliance, and automotive remarketing.
- Perform other sophisticated and/or confidential duties/responsibilities as needed or assigned
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years in a corporate paralegal role in an in-house Corporate Legal Department and/or a large law firm reviewing and administering contracts.
- Experience drafting and negotiating contracts.
- Proficient in legal terminology and contract terms.
- Proficient in Google workspace environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess excellent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects.
- Experience in various legal technologies, including e-billing, matter management, workflow automation, document management and more.
- Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) System experience