As a full-time on-site member of the Engineering Team at our South Burlington, Vermont location, you will design and develop packaging solutions that are a critical element of our expanding product portfolio. You will collaborate with global teams to create and test new materials and methods, and cutting-edge technology platforms.
Our systems serve as the brains to robots and automated devices of all kinds, control pieces of specialized machinery and medical equipment, and power kiosks and digital signs. You’ll have the opportunity to help build these intelligent systems by providing edge computing solutions.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Design packaging for leading edge and differentiated computer systems.
- Create and modify inner and outer pack corrugated containers and cartons, supporting and protective formed and molded elements, and branded materials.
- Identify, mock up, and conduct experiments with new concepts and materials.
- Work with Industrial and Graphic designers to ideate and optimize out of box experience.
- Participate or lead in supplier identification, qualification, and onboarding.
- Work with in-house production and international manufacturing teams to seek packaging and shipping efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Collaborate with OnLogic’s global teams to identify and evaluate new products.
- Lead transport and shipping testing and validation for new products/packaging.
- Provide engineering support for current and new product developments, as well as engage directly with customers on their projects.
- Contribute to project schedules, revision control, and other product documentation.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to ensure production of high quality products.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include, Electrical, Mechanical, Applications and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic.
- Creativity and ability to create unique differentiated designs.
- Curiosity to understand customer use cases and behaviors, and drive to translate them into product ideas that satisfy unmet needs.
- Ability to mock up and prototype concepts as a way to test and convey new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Packaging Science, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant packaging design experience, and a working knowledge of a wide range of packaging manufacturing methods.
- Working knowledge of various global shipping specifications and testing techniques for the determination of adequate product protection.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, as well as packaging specific software.
- Experience in bill of materials, revision control, and quoting time and materials preferred.
- Knowledge of computer systems, components and enclosures is a plus.
- Excellent project and task management skills.
- Attention to detail and a focus on quality. Must be organized, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Superior ability to manage time, shifting priorities and ability to effectively communicate project milestones or changes to cross functional teams.
Who we’re looking for:Successful candidates will work well as part of a team, be self starters, natural problem solvers and enthusiastic learners who thrive in a goal achievement oriented environment. The ideal candidate must exhibit a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. Fluent communication and writing abilities are essential.