Marvell Technology Group
Central Engineering, Package Integrity
Marvell is seeking a talented High-speed IC package engineer to lead to the development of advanced microelectronic 2.5D/3D heterogenous packages supporting multi-tens of Gb/s data rates. The engineer will be responsible for package electrical design, modeling and characterization, including all signal and power integrity aspects while considering manufacturing and assembly tolerances. The engineer will interface with package suppliers to recommend package technology and work with a cross-functional team to drive layout, compliance with performance, ensure manufacturability, reliability and cost requirements. The engineer will co-operate with marketing and IC designers to develop achievable package specs and contribute to new package technology development.
- Strong fundamentals in EM, transmission lines and microwave theory
- In depth understanding of frequency domain and time analysis and impact on high speed signaling
- Experience in using 2-D and 3-D EM simulation tools such as Ansys HFSS, SI-Wave, Momentum, COMSOL, CST, PowerSI
- Familiarity with IC package layout tools like APD or PADS
- Working knowledge of circuit design tools: Spectre, ADS, HSpice
- Experience with VNA and TDR measurements for packages and PCBs characterization
- Familiarity with packaging technologies, materials, package substrate design rules and assembly rules
- Track record of new product introduction from concept, through development and production is a plus
- Knowledge of the thermal and mechanical analysis of the IC package development is a plus
- A team player with strong communication, presentation and documentation skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields and 10 years of related professional experience.
Master’s degree and/or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields with 5-10 years of experience.