Marvell Technology Group
At Marvell, we believe that infrastructure powers progress. That execution is as essential as innovation. That better collaboration builds better technology. Trusted by the world’s leading technology companies for 25 years, we move, store, process and secure the world’s data with semiconductor solutions designed for our customers’ current needs and future ambitions. Through a process of deep collaboration and transparency, we’re ultimately changing the way tomorrow’s enterprise, cloud, automotive, and carrier architectures transform—for the better.
The data infrastructure that our customers build has never been more critical to our global economy. It’s what’s keeping the world connected, businesses running, and information flowing. If you’re ready to excel, innovate, and truly enjoy your work, apply now for the position detailed below.
The Marvell packaging organization is responsible for supporting customers with advanced package designs that meet challenging electrical requirements. Many of the new designs are requiring multi-chip and multiple component configurations driving advanced technology requirements.
As an Advanced Packaging Design Engineer, you will be responsible of the following:
- Evaluating design feasibility based on given package topology, design rules and electrical requirements
- Hands on physical implementation of the package design
- Close interaction with electrical simulation team to optimize the design to meet electrical requirements
- Close interaction with the operations team and fabrication suppliers to meet design for manufacturing requirements
- Other layout related tasks, such as tool evaluations, flow development, libraries usage and maintenance
The ideal candidate would meet the following requirements:
- Hands-on design experience on flip chip packages, 2.5D or 3D is a plus
- Proficient in Cadence APD
- Familiar with interpreting electrical simulation results such as IR Drop reports and S-parameter data, ability to run basic checks
- Able to organize their work to meet specific milestones
- Able to work well in a team
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields and 5-10 years of related professional experience.
Master’s degree and/or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related fields with 3-5 years of experience.