Chroma Technology Corp.
Chroma Technology Corp., a world leader in the advanced manufacturing of thin-film optical coatings, has an exciting opening for an Optical Materials Engineer.
Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
As a member of the Engineering Team, the Optical Materials Engineer will be Chroma’s subject matter expert on optical coating substrate materials, this engineer is responsible for the specification, characterization, verification, and preparation of glass substrates for optical thin film coating.
- Focal point for all technical aspects of incoming optical materials used at Chroma.
- Ownership of glass cleaning processes for optical substrates.
- Ownership of measurement and inspection systems used to characterize optical materials.
- Reduce defects by eliminating root causes, utilizing LEAN methods as appropriate.
- Communicate in a clear, effective and professional manner
- Support coworkers by helping when it is appropriate
- Follow through on tasks, responsibilities, and projects
- Be organized when solving problems, supporting project teams, or instituting goals.
- Be adaptable to ever changing challenges.
- Collaborate with colleagues to find the most appropriate solutions.
- Take leadership roles to advance projects or the resolution of problems.
We are seeking applicants with the following essential qualifications:
- Minimum of a BS in science or engineering required.
- 5+ years experience in glass substrate specification, preparation, and verification for optical thin film coatings.
- Experience with optical surface characterization methods (interferometry, etc).
- Experience with glass surface quality (scratch/dig), grinding, and polishing.
- Experience with coating reliability testing and standards a plus.
- Familiarity with analysis methods such as SEM, EDS/EDX a plus.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to use statistical tools and techniques