89 North®, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chroma Technology Corp, develops innovative products for the biomedical imaging market. We focus on development of high-performance light sources for fluorescence-based applications including fluorescence microscopy, automated DNA sequencing, HTS/HCS, real time PCR and microarray analysis
We have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager!
JOIN OUR AWARD-WINNING TEAM! Recognized as a Best Places to Work in Vermont and awarded the DCD Outstanding Vermont Business of the Year, Chroma Technology Corp. is a 100% employee-owned company and certified B corporation. We are able to offer an extremely generous package of benefits, rewards, and a value-driven work environment. Join our team of collaborative employee-owners who are self-motivated, independent workers willing to strategize and together work towards the long-term prosperity of the company.
The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing, shipping and receiving operations at 89 North. Responsibilities include meeting production requirements, product output, delivery and quality expectations. Works to maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control, and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department; establish and maintain production KPIs and metrics
• Manages all production employees by communicating expectations, setting priorities, providing resources, and resolving conflicts to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Provides leadership by example and through coaching, counseling, advice, support, and motivation to direct reports to help them achieve objectives
• Partners with Human Resources to plan and organize training programs, performance evaluations, and talent acquisition
• Drive continuous improvement in operational procedures, systems, and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes, enhanced management reporting, and look for opportunities to expand systems
• Establish and maintain procedures and processes for production planning and scheduling and production control
• Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues
• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
• Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
• Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce, and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping
• Manage relationships with key operations vendors
Required Education, Experience, and Eligibility Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related field
• A minimum of 2 years of manufacturing engineering support or engineering project management experience
• Experience with complex assembly processes, supplier management and production performance metrics
• Demonstrated knowledge of ISO quality systems and their implementation
Please visit our career page at www.89north.com to review the full job description, summary of benefits, and to apply online.
89 North is an employee-owned company and equal opportunity employer.