Dealer.com Marketing Implementation is seeking an Operations Analyst II to join our team. We look for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and who have the passion and skills to take our product and service offering to the next level.
The Dealer Marketing Implementation team is part of Dealer Software Solutions, largely supporting the Dealer.com brand. Team members are responsible for implementing website and digital retailing solutions, including customizations, advanced configuration, and training to support our client needs. The team includes Project Leads, QA Specialists, Web Developers, Technical Project Managers, Solutions Architects, Launch Consultants and Client Trainers, who work on projects and tasks with varying durations, ranging from a few hours to a few months.
What You’ll do
The Operations Analyst II will report directly to the Director of Implementation.
The Operations Analyst II is responsible for supporting, monitoring, and analyzing data to help answer key business questions, interpret performance, and provide insights for the website and digital retail businesses. Tying together data from multiple sources into actional information reliably and accurately is fundamental to the role. Example deliverables include backlog and activation tracking, revenue assurance, and key performance indicators reporting. This role will also frequently partner with stakeholder teams such as Managed Services, Advertising, Readiness and Performance Management to drive cross team collaborations that support project and business objectives. A strong attention to detail, deep analytical skills and a penchant for problem solving are key components of what makes someone successful in this role.
- Provide analytic solutions, analysis, insights and recommendations to support business needs; identify opportunities and impact strategic decisions
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting on various KPI measurements
- Build additional reporting to enable ongoing performance of the team
- Perform routine revenue reconciliation audits
- Drive efficiency through further automation of manually generated reporting and analysis when possible
- Back-up fellow analyst team members by cross training to ensure critical reporting deliverables can be maintained
- Help to identify and resolve activation or order processing challenges by developing an understanding of upstream processes and back end systems
Whats in it for you ?
– A job that moves this fast needs pay and benefits that can keep up with it. So, Cox provides competetive pay, generous incentives, and other compensation perks (401K+ company match, comprehensive medical benefits, ETC.) We also offer tutition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance (Cool, right?) and much more.
– Growth is a good thing, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn and train so you can sharpen your skills and explore opportunities within Cox that will continue to challage and empower you.
– Just like you’ll be making customers feel good about their experience, Cox has an outstanding company culture that does the same thing for you. At Cox, we get that you’ve got a life outside our doots, so we create a flexible work environment, honoring your desire to balance work life with, well, life. Our diverse, inclusive culture invites you to bring your authentic self to work, and trust between our leadership and our teams means you’re working in an environment that supports collaborarion through innovation, and real change driven by people like you.
- Compensation includes a base salary of $53,958 – 75,582. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate’s experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or 7 years of relevant experience
- 3+ years of data analysis, operations, enablement, or finance experience
- Advanced Excel knowledge required
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred
- Experience using Tableau, DOMO and SQL preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams with the ability to gain proficiency in other role specific software.
- Strong analytical and business skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Must be able to understand and analyze data, synthesizing large volumes of data and complex questions into clear analyses and actionable findings.