The Tech Group Inc.
The Network Engineer at The Tech Group is responsible for supporting the Service Delivery team in delivering project plans and tactical solutions for client networks, security planning, implementation, installation, & troubleshooting. Delivers cost effective, profitable solutions with sustainable results, for meeting & exceeding customer IT requirements.
- Supports the Service Delivery team in delivering and maintaining in-depth, up to date solutions, standards, guidelines, and assigned project plans for customer networks & IT infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center, networking, Off-site storage, managed services and interconnection.
- Investigates customer system problems and identifies root causes, determines possible solutions, tests, and implements solutions related to network infrastructure, and other related equipment & systems.
- Configures, installs, and maintains customer LAN/WAN, and Wireless solutions.
- Responds to and manages assigned projects ensuring on-time, on-budget results.
- Troubleshoots & repairs customer technical issues in a timely and professional manner. Seeks assistance for more complex issue resolution as needed from Senior Network Engineers.
- Delivers results that support company revenue, productivity, customer satisfaction and service delivery objectives.
- Works proactively across functional teams, and effectively communicates to identify & deliver solutions.
- Documents work product & task activity as needed for supporting customer configuration management, updating inventories, and tracking individual revenue, productivity, and customer satisfaction performance (includes time reporting & billing support).
- Achieve annual training and certification targets as assigned.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 4-year Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or completion of Tech/Voc school, or equivalent experience in a related field strongly preferred.
- 3-8 years successful service delivery experience, in the Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Outsourcing, and/or Managed Services fields
- Strong network experience and good knowledge of general security methodologies, firewalls, access controls, troubleshooting, general LAN/WAN and Wireless problem solving
- Self-motivated, possessing strong communications skills and ability to work in a collaborative cross functional team
- Network+, Security+ Microsoft MS-100, Microsoft MS-900 certifications, or equivalent experience desired
- SonicWall SNSA, Fortinet NSA 1-4, or equivalent certifications or experience preferred, or in process
- Superb communication skills, including effective facilitation, listening, and writing.
- Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Highly organized and process driven.
- Affinity for technology.
- Strong integrity with the ability to work in a highly confidential manner.
- Collaborative and flexible with a consultative mindset.
- Precise and detailed, delivering consistently high-quality results.
- Comfortable in a balance of tactical and strategic focus.
- Servant hearted with a focus on improving the lives of our customers in every action and interaction.
Work is primarily knowledge-worker oriented using computer systems. Occasional exertion and lifting of up to 20 pounds to move office or computer equipment. Occasional crawling, kneeling, and squatting. Constant use of computer (keyboard/mouse), and phone. Visually inspects, prepares, and analyzes data & figures, views computer constantly. Occasional travel (car/airplane). Occasional exposure to outdoor environmental conditions as a result of travel.