We’re Tech Group … the Human side of IT.
We monitor and maintain your computer network so you can have peace of mind. We’re network security specialists. With a co-location facility that is state-of-the-art, your network and data are secure with us. And when it comes to customer service, we value face to face visits. We want to get to know you and your business. We call the state of Vermont home. That means we’re a computer technology company steeped in New England values. Pragmatic, hard working, and pledged to service. That’s the Vermont way.
The Network Engineer is responsible for supporting the Service Delivery team in delivering project plans and tactical solutions for client networks, security planning, implementation, installation, & troubleshooting. Delivers cost effective, profitable solutions with sustainable results, for meeting & exceeding customer IT requirements.
- Supports the Service Delivery team in delivering and maintaining in-depth, up to date solutions, standards, guidelines, and assigned project plans for customer networks & IT infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, Data Center, networking, Off-site storage, managed services and interconnection
- Investigates customer system problems and identifies root causes, determines possible solutions, tests, and implements solutions related to network infrastructure, and other related equipment & systems.
- Configures, installs, and maintains customer LAN/WAN, and Wireless solutions,
- Responds to and manages assigned projects ensuring on-time, on-budget results
- Troubleshoots & repairs customer technical issues in a timely and professional manner. Seeks assistance for more complex issue resolution as needed from Senior Network Engineers.
- Delivers results that support company revenue, productivity, customer satisfaction and service delivery objectives
- Works proactively across functional teams, and effectively communicates to identify & deliver solutions
- Documents work product & task activity as needed for supporting customer configuration management, updating inventories, and tracking individual revenue, productivity, and customer satisfaction performance (includes time reporting & billing support)
- Achieve annual training and certification targets as assigned
Experience and Education Requirements
- 4-year Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or completion of Tech/Voc school, or equivalent experience in a related field
- 3-8 years successful service delivery experience, in the Information Technology, Cloud Computing, Outsourcing, and/or Managed Services fields
- Strong network experience and good knowledge of general security methodologies, firewalls, access controls, troubleshooting, general LAN/WAN and Wireless problem solving
- Self-motivated, possessing strong communications skills and ability to work in a collaborative cross functional team
- Ability to implement assigned tasks, customer deliverables, and project plans within deadlines and proactively identifies customer issues & resolutions
- Network+, Security+ Microsoft MS-100, Microsoft MS-900 certifications, or equivalent experience desired
- SonicWall SNSA, Fortinet NSA 1-4, or equivalent certifications or experience preferred, or in process