VIP (Vermont Information Processing) is seeking an experienced Technical Writer to develop and maintain documentation and training materials for our expanding product line. Our goal is to help our customers use VIP products to their full potential by providing easy-to-use content. We deliver content in a variety of methods, including online Knowledge Bases, embedded help, job aids, quick references, release notes, short training videos, and eLearning modules.
Our tech writers work closely with product owners and development teams to track and understand product changes. They collaborate with support and implementation teams to write monthly release notes, keep existing content up to date, and develop new content. Writers also assist in developing articles for our newsletter and preparing content for conferences and regional trainings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An interest in learning the beverage industry encompassing beer, wine, spirits, and soft drinks.
- The ability to dive into the inner logic of software products.
- The aptitude to organize complex configurations and business logic into easy-to-follow content.
- The desire to help guide the strategic plan for knowledge management, both for our customers and employees, in our growing company.
- An interest in mentoring team members new to technical writing.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer, preferably in software development.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and write clear, concise documentation for complex systems.
- Impeccable grammar and punctuation.
- Experience editing content for grammar, conciseness, and style a plus.
- Experience and/or education in current information architecture and knowledge management practices.
- Experience with Robohelp, Captivate, and/or Zendesk Guide a plus.