The Vermont Technology Alliance (VTTA) is a business association with a mission to support, promote, and grow technology-focused companies and jobs in Vermont. We have more than 200 members throughout the state, representing some of the leading innovative businesses and entrepreneurs in Vermont. We support our members and Vermont’s tech ecosystem through our public policy work; tech job recruiting; hosting events and networking opportunities; collaboration with businesses and organizations; and communications through our website, newsletter and social media.
The VTTA is hiring for a part-time, remote position to support our members and to plan and organize events, including obtaining sponsorships to support those events. We seek an individual who is energized by technology and Vermont’s growing tech sector. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is confident, personable, detail-oriented, flexible, and can work independently. You will use a variety of skills such as financial, people, writing, research and marketing in support of our mission and in planning and organizing events in partnership with the Executive Director.
This position provides an opportunity to grow with the organization as we expand our membership and outreach in Vermont. This position is often the first interaction some businesses and individuals have with VTTA, so you will be integral to the success of our non-profit organization.
- Work with the Executive Director to plan, develop and raise awareness of the VTTA.
- Plan and organize events, including developing ideas and identifying speakers; identifying and contacting sponsors; selecting and coordinating with venues; event announcement and ticketing; and tracking attendees and hosting.
- Keep track of new memberships and renewals, including sending invoices and updating expiration dates.
- Respond to member inquiries and requests.
- Some writing and editing of content for website, newsletter, social media and membership communications.
Preferred Background and Characteristics
- Highly organized, flexible and can handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of software applications used to support office functions; familiarity with Internet resources required.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to react to changing circumstances with patience and humor.
- An interest in tech and Vermont’s tech sector.
- Open to learning as the job develops.
- Opportunity to develop the position with growth of the organization.
- 2-4 years working with a business/non-profit association preferred.
- Associate degree or above preferred
Hours and Salary
- 20 hours per week; flexible schedule
- $25 per hour
- Paid PTO time
- Remote/Work-from-home position. Must be available to attend meetings and events in Vermont; particularly Chittenden County.
Send resume to [email protected]