The E INC Market Intelligence team enables research and data-based strategic decision making across the organization. We are a group of highly skilled market researchers who consult with departments across the organization to ensure action oriented outcomes for research using our best in class research program.
EBlock is seeking a Market Research Specialist with experience in competitive and market intelligence, analysis, and research. The ideal candidate for this position will have 2-3 years’ of experience in market research and will be responsible for providing analysis, reports, and recommendations with respect to market developments. This Analyst will own these end to end programs that help identify opportunities and gaps, as well as how we perform in our competitive set.
What You Will Do
- Conduct primary research. Gather and analyze industry, market and competitor intelligence.
- Produce ongoing management-facing deliverables with insights, implications, and recommendations that impact long-term competitive strategy, including management briefs, proﬁles and competitive alerts.
- Identify and analyze emerging threats, disruptive changes and potential opportunities within a fast-changing industry.
- Support departments across E Inc with deep understanding of competitive and marketplace trends, including:
- Product Management: understand competitors’ product features, business models, resources and capabilities; highlighting emerging market expectations and helping shape product roadmaps.
- Marketing: Understand competitors’ go-to-market strategies, brand positioning, product packaging and pricing strategy.
- Sales Ops: Understand competitors’ sales tactics and value proposition; develop competitive response strategy.
- Previous experience, including designing questionnaires and discussion guides, surveys, and conducting focus groups or 1:1 interview will be a plus
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the Competitive Intelligence field and maintain the knowledge necessary to retain professional competence
- Establish and maintain a closely aligned working partnership with internal partners across the organization, leveraging diverse and fragmented data sources to drive insights.
What You Will Need
- 2+ years of business experience – some of that experience must include direct involvement with competitive analysis/research
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative market research skills, including data analysis, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendation
- Experience or knowledge with automotive dealership software would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent writing and verbal communication are assumed. A self-starter and seeker of new ideas and initiatives, s/he will be able to ramp up quickly.
- Ability to design research to deliver data-driven outcomes that inform action
- Collaborate effectively and concisely communicate in verbal and written form
- Initiative and willingness to learn and drive innovation as it relates to research practices
- Nice to have skills are competitive win-loss analysis and data visualization/BI. In the absence of them, the candidate must be willing to learn and implement quickly.