Northern Digital Inc. (NDI Shelburne)
The Manufacturing Production Scheduler/Materials Planner at NDI (Northern Digital Inc) is responsible for coordinating production workflow for one or multiple products. Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay. Plan and schedule manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover current production demand.
What you Will Be Doing:
- Maintain accuracy of the planning parameters with the planning software.
- Evaluate sales orders or MRP signals to create suitable production schedules.
- Promptly help Manufacturing Lead to address and resolving production issues to minimize delays in production.
- Coordinating production operations in accordance with material, labor, and equipment availability.
- Recommending viable solutions to reduce production costs as well as improve production processes and product quality.
- Effect changes to production schedules to ensure that production deadlines are met.
- Promptly informing the relevant departments of changes to current production schedules.
- Monitor jobs/work orders to ensure they will finish on time and within budget.
- Compile labor, job status, shipping, late order and other performance reports; submitting them to management in a timely manner.
- Further develop the effectiveness of the planning system
- Level load weekly production to maximize efficiency
- Use material resource planning system to plan the material, equipment and labor required for production based off sales order and/or min-on-hand signals.
- With procurement and quality, ensure materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and compare with purchasing trends.
- Preparing cost estimates, usage and material performance reports.
- Setup, manage and monitor standard costing within our planning software system.
- Work with procurement to monitor suppliers to ensure timeliness and match according to goals
Ready To Make a Difference?
What You will Bring To the Role:
- Proven experience as a production or material planner
- Good understanding of production planning and quality control principles
- Previous experience as a planner using Epicor, Sage, SAP or equivalent software package
- Good at math and can perform consumption analysis of a data set
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, capable of multi-tasking
- High School diploma and/or equivalent with 5+ years materials or planning experience OR Secondary education degree (Associates Degree, or higher) with focus in one of the following: business, engineering, or accounting.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Previous experience using queries or other database search methods for testing desired
- Certifications such as APICS, LEAN, Six Sigma, PMP is beneficial
- Working for an ISO 13485 certified company is beneficial
- A fit with NDI culture: Be Different, Be Better; Customer First; Be Genuine & Honest; Win Together
Why NDI in Shelburne, Vermont?
- NDI is a growing global company based in Ontario, Canada with additional offices in Vermont USA, Germany, and Hong Kong.
- Exciting, challenging and meaningful work based on cool technology.
- Employee social and engagement events throughout the year.
- Located in popular Shelburne, Vermont and 45 minutes to the ski and snowboard resorts of the Green Mountains.
- 20 minutes to Burlington, Vermont International Airport and 15 minutes to the to the shores of Lake Champlain and the Burlington Surf Club.
- Located in a campus like setting that includes courtyard, large outdoor areas, skylights, ample parking, pizza, wine and beer and much more!
- Steps away from Shelburne Museum which hosts frequent festivals and a summer concert series.