Northern Digital Inc. (NDI Shelburne)
When the world’s top medical device OEMs and academic institutes need real-time medical instrument navigation, they call NDI (Northern Digital). Why? Because no one can rival the accuracy and reliability of our optical measurement and electromagnetic tracking solutions. NDI team members are passionate about delivering innovative technology that will help to unlock new procedures and solutions. Interested in becoming a valued member of the NDI team? We’re growing and looking for great people to join us.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Manage the following activities to operate a world class manufacturing department.
o Overseeing day-to-day activities such as planning, assembly, inventory control and calibration.
o Perform regular HR performance assessments to get the most out of each team member in accordance with company policies
o Plan and manage annual capital expenditures and operational budget for the Shelburne manufacturing department.
o Measure and report key performance indicators and other metrics to monitor the production performance.
o Execute cycle counts, year end physical counts, and any other inventory control activities.
o Work with the Research & Development and Quality departments to coordinate shared resources, for new product introduction efforts, periodic maintenance, and quality checks.
• Execute on the regulatory and quality requirements to maintain industry certifications.
o Ensure the team understands product and process quality requirements.
o Ensure that all required quality paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
o Execute training plans and checklists, including cross-training programs to ensure maximum resource flexibility.
o Ensure the use of nonconformance process established by company quality procedures.
o Support the Quality department in internal and external regulatory audits.
o Execute any corrective actions found but the Quality department for external auditors.
• Support corporate management with strategic initiatives to position the team for the future. This might include:
o Implement cost reduction initiatives and efficiencies, while maintaining quality standards and production objectives.
o Work with the Manufacture Engineer to find suitable approaches to improving production processes efficiencies.
FM-218-002 Rev 003 Ref. QP-622-201
o Ensure suitable goals and statistics are measured for production to ensure the development of the manufacturing team.
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- Post-secondary education of either an Associates or Bachelor degree
- 5+ years’ experience working in a manufacturing type company
- Experience in supervision of manufacturing personnel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Management in electronics manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and Kanban systems, and/or APICS certification
- Experience using and ERP like Epicor, Sage or SAP
- Knowledge of electronic assembly quality standards (IPC-A-610)
- Inventory and warehouse controls management
- Knowledge/experience with measurement systems
- Medical device experience (ISO 13485)
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry